Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
Jjang
My Device: Passport

Re: Notifications shutting off

Battery issues are definately part of the core problem for "some" users.  BTW - i turned off LTE and made no difference.  According to the Blackberry conference which was just in vancouver last week - the higher ups at BB (which isnt acknowledged here in these forums) acknowledge there is a problem.  The problem however is regionally based.  There theory is that it isnt a blackberry problem, but rather a carrier problem because the problems are in isolated cities.  Vancouver, is one of the cities with a problem.

Hey, we all know there are problems with new devices - we expect as such.  Further, not all of the problems are BB problems (ie - like the battery issues - seems very logical that it is carrier specific). 

However, what also isnt unreasonable to request, is that blaclberry, acknowledge what is going on and give updates on resolutions.  I honestly believe if they did that, they would have a much happier and understanding customer base.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
gregcoad
My Device: Not Specified

I updated my Z10 to the latest OS from Telus (10.0.10.85) on Thursday afternoon.  I have used my BlueTooth ear piece several times since then.  I did one restart of the phone on Friday morning (battery swap), but haven't restarted since and notifications have all been working fine.  Its seems this little problem has been solved.  Anyone else notice the same?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
AlanFromGuelph
My Device: Z10

This is a frustrating problem. My Z10 keeps shutting off the notifications. I turn it off  then back on and the ntifications start again, then suddenly stop for no perceptible reason. It doesn't happen with my wife's Z10. The only diferences between the two devices is that hers is white and mine is black; plus I have mine connected via bluetooth to my Phonak hearing aids. This is the only problem I have with my zedder, but it's getting to be overbearing. As I enter this I am upgrading software to 10.0.10.85.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

10.0.10.85 or greater OS should resolve that issue
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
AlanFromGuelph

The software upgrade seems to have done the trick. It's been a week now and the notifications have stayed active.
Please use plain text.