Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
teighnted
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Sasktel

OS 10.1.0.273 Browser is frozen

After updating the OS on my Z10 the browser seems to freeze everytime I load it. It is almost completely unresponsive to touch. I can open the side menu but none of my bookmarks will load and I cannot enter text or "click" on links. I have tried restarting my phone numerous times.

Has anyone else had this problem? How can I fix it?

Much thanks.

Please use plain text.
isp23
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: OS 10.1.0.273 Browser is frozen

I'm having the same issue once I upgraded to OS 10.1.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nagpalsameer
My Carrier: Airtel

Hi

I am facing the exact same issue with my browser. However, it didn't happen immediately after the update. The browser was working perfectly for a week after the date. I faced this issue after I deleted the cookies in my browser. The speed of the browser in this phone was the best part about the phone according to me. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
teighnted

Yes, my browser also froze after the first time I cleared the cookies.

Has anyone come up with, or heard of,  a solution? I haven't been able to use the browser on my z10 for a couple of weeks now and it's very frustrating. I just want a smartphone that works.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nagpalsameer
My Carrier: Airtel

Hi..

My browser has started working again on its own. It didn't work for just over a day, and then it started opening links from any email that I received. But it would again freeze if I opened a new tab or wrote in an address in the same tab. Then again, after a week or so, it started functioning normally. And I pray it continues to do so.

Hope the browser for all of you starts functioning normally as well.

Take care
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Warren72
My Device: z10
My Carrier: rogers

Hi. I have the exact same problem. It just started yesterday after I deleted cookies. After a reboot, I can somtimes use the voice command to get to google and click links or click an ad in an app, but once I try to type an address or go to the settings it's the same problem.

It would be nice if someone from blackberry can comment on this issue. 

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
bercawd
My Device: playbook 16gb, blackberry z10
My Carrier: at&t

And I as well. When browser is open it goes to either Google or yahoo (i changed the home page) but won't let you go any further. Sometimes it is not responsive to touch. Other times it will react to touching a link or a URL entered. It trys to go to the pages and displays partial but will not fully loaded and just hangs. 

Was working fine for a week. Actually the same problem on my previous z10 which they replaced as they could not reflqsh (att)

Anyone with any ideas. Have rebooted and popped battery. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
teighnted

Oddest thing. After being frustrated for close to a month my browser also just started to work again. It now works perfectly fine again, even after I dump the cookies. I have no idea what causes the original problem but it does seem to sort itself out... eventually.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
bercawd

Also, when I select a link from an email no problem. I am using z10 to do this right now.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
bercawd

I had the same problem and just resolved though I have no idea why it got resolved. Browser would open but could not enter any url's or click on any links that would fully open the desired site. That said, if I clicked on a link in an email no issue.

What I did was in the browser opened settings,selected developer tools, turned on web inspector and closed the browser.

Then reopened the browser and opened settings, selected developer tools, turned off web inspector and closed the browser.

now everything works fine. Have no clue as to why this fixed the problem but it did.

I keep having this problem and now can get around it. When I had it last week AT&T just replaced the telephone.

Right now the service provider is clueless on many of the Z10 issues in fact when you call them they seem in disbelief one would have a problem.

This board is outstanding on eventually getting to a fix beyond the re-boot, re-installed, battery popping advice.

Hope this helps.
Please use plain text.