Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
Hunkystud007
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Mobily

OS 10.1.0.418 Boot, Call, deleted SMS problem

There was a prompt for OS update then my Z10 freezes at 100% boot screen then when i did the batt pull, all sms were deleted, no incoming and outgoing calls UNTIL THIS TIME. I updated via wireless setup thru wifi.

Please fix this. How can u not know this problem? Arent u doing UATs prior to launch? How amateurish. No wonder blackberry is way far behind among all smartphones. Tsk. So much for business fone huh???! #frustrated #annoyed
Please use plain text.
Contributor
compessia
My Device: z10
My Carrier: ch-orange

Re: OS 10.1.0.418 Boot, Call, deleted SMS problem

I tottaly agree... For few days, now, I am answering about this fact... lost sms, text messages or texto... whatever the name, I lost all and ask for a fix and solution to get back all... No answer, no reaction, no communication!!! What the hell are you doing BB team. As that guy says... professionaly, it is a big big problem. For me, it's vital to recover my text messages. So, if anybody has a real solution or can contact the support directly. thank you forward for your help.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Hunkystud007

I finally managed to resolve the call problem. I reinstall the update via wifi. Then Once you updated the OS and reboot, wait for the fone to completely boot after the 100%. Never do battery pull. And continue charging the fone. Patiently wait. Mine took for 6 hours to completely log in to the Z10 main screen. And voila! New OS and all data restored. Except for the very previous sms when i first upgraded. The second time i upgraded, all the sms i received after the first upgrade were restored.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
compessia
My Carrier: ch-orange

OK, thank you for the tip. I will first try to get an answer from BB team to have the chance to restore all my messages. Otherwise, i gonna try the way you say. Thank you, again.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
janetnewuser
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

I just upgraded this morning [August 7th] and noticed a very long re-boot time [re-start time, as I was prompted to re-start]...  I was waiting for it to finish while I was plugged into power but had to unplug and go, a car was waiting for me...  fortunately my battery was full .  I wa worried though, I thought it had frozen too, but no, the phone re-started after I got buckled into the car and all of that, I think it just takes  a litlte patience...

And, I had to reset my yahoo.ca email, the phone asked for the password again, and that seems fine...

I believe one just has to wait until the process is done...  no rush jobs, it is a little computer, after all...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Hunkystud007

I know janet. I should have waited a little longer and extended my patience a little more when i rebooted. Previous updates didnt take that long except for this latest one so i thought something was wrong. Oh well, so much for the lost sms. I dont think Blackberry will ever restore them. It's like undeleting an already emptied recycle bin, useless. Haha.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
knockoutned
My Carrier: telus

ok im on the telus network and co worker and i recently did this via wifi and first thing we noticed youtube now sucks buffers like crazy it takes for ever to load any video and also battery gets drained in about 2 hours now as before both of they items where never a problem,

stay away fromt his update its cancerous i have not experienced the boot issue but well see what else comes up

we need a solution Blackberry

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
manny975
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: Tmobile

Ive having the same problem. Did update 10.1.0.4200 tried 3 times ota and stuck on 100 % until I pressed top button to reboot. And lost all my sms , contacts seemed to be all displaced and hub does not boot up, in addition cant use my cell to make or receive calls. Simply ridiculous. I hope they come up with a solution. Its unacceptable.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
janetnewuser
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Well, I downloaded the latest operating system and all went well, I have no problems with it.  I'm a Canadian Bell customer...

Glitches happen with downloads on computers too, and I think you should check with your carrier and re-load everything, or take it in to be re-loaded.  My husband tells me that just after starting up after an update, that all theother versions of cell phones, the Androids and so on, have the same percentage of problems.  If it's done carelessly or with a low signal, perhaps the system is degraded.  Or it's not handled properly at the end-point, you have to watch the instructions...  Re-do it, get your carrier to connect you with BlackBerry if necessary.  Then, if still no luck, you know it's not your fault...

Please use plain text.