Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
neilpalesh
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell
Accepted Solution

OS 10.1 Share Pictures from EMails

I've updated my Z10 to OS 10.1 on the Bell network in Canada. Sometimes in my emails there are pictures I want to share (either by text message, BBM, or upload to FB). On the Z10 you have "long click" on the picture, select the "Share", and how / where you want to share it. This works perfectly for all the mediums I've tried. The issue I'm having is now that I want to share subsequent pictures, when I long click, then share, it shows me / wants to share the picture I've shared previously again. If it's to a text message it has the name "temp.jpeg". Is anyone else having a similar problem? How have you been able to resolve it so when you go to share subsequent pictures it properly grabs the image you've long clicked?

A workaround I've been able to use is to save the picture to my device (instead of share) and then share it that way. The only issue is you shouldn't have to do it the "long way". So although it works in the interim, what I'm really looking for is a fix.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: OS 10.1 Share Pictures from EMails

[ Edited ]

Hey neilpalesh,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

Just to clarify, you are trying to share multiple pictures from a single email and it is still showing the original picture that you wanted to share, is that correct?

Was this working prior to the update?

What version of BlackBerry 10 software are you currently using?  Go to Settings>About to find this information.

Also I would suggest contacting your network service provider and ask to be transferred to BlackBerry so we can gather some logs.

I appreciate your patience.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
neilpalesh

Thanks, Vicious.

In the old OS I didn't use this functionality since the share options were limited so I don't know if this also happened previously.

This issue happened when trying to share multiple pictures in one email. Currently in subsequent emails that same original picture still shows up (so the device does not grab the new pictures, but rather always reverts back to the old picture once you select how you want to share it) .

I am on OS 10.1.0.273
Please use plain text.
ViciousFerret

Hey neilpalesh,

Thanks for the reply.

After doing some further investigation, I was able to reproduce the issue.  As of right now the workaround is to save the pictures and save them, there is no estimated time when this will be resolved.

I appreciate the feedback though.  Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Please use plain text.
Contributor
neilpalesh

Thanks, Vicious.

Do you still recommend I go through Bell's technical support to get escalated to BlackBerry so the case can be further documented and put into the queue for fixing in the next OS update? Or are you able to that from this thread?

Please use plain text.
ViciousFerret

Hey neilpalesh,

I would still contact Bell and have this issue escalated, as we like to see as many examples as possible.

Thanks.

-ViciousFerret

Please use plain text.