Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Forums Advisor I
Leslie8120
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S3, BlackBerry Torch 9800, BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: OS 10.2 Update - Massive Problems

You don't have a "bad" backup file. Whatever problems you had before, you backed them up and now you restored them back on your phone.
You'll have to reload again in stages and back up at each stage. For example: stage 1 - working - backup. Stage 2 - working - backup. Stage 3 - not working. Don't back it up
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,839
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Yea, time to not restore the backup... you're restoring all the problems.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
hmaheral
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

I'm on BB Z10 STL100-3 version 10.2.1.2102

My device was recently upgraded automatically to 10.2.1.2102.  I've been notifcing some very bothersome things.

First, battery life after the udpate to 2102 was especially bad, not sure why the CPU is high, and the utilization is out of whack.  I've read on other threads that this is due to the 'resyncing' of contacts etc.  Doesn't sound reasonable to me.

Second, usage of and installation of blackberry native and android apps.  I noticed after the upgrade that many of the andorid apps on my phone weren't working.  Youd click on them and they would just hang, sit, sit, sit. and never load.

With all of these troubles, I decided to wipe and restore.  Just finished the process and having the exact same issues as i was having before, but now surely after the wipe contacts email calendar etc are resyncing which explains the high CPU.

For the apps, now neither of the apps from snap or app world are installing on my phone.  I wonder if this is because the 'resyncing' of data and the high CPU.

Does anyone have any insight on this?  Does anyone have any recommendation on how to monitor when the high cpu will cease and this 'resyncing' will complete?

I guess I will ride out the next 24-48 hours with none of my apps and lousy battery life!  If not downgrade to the previous version of the os and hope that fixes things.

None of the other upgrades have been this bad, I wonder what the 'resyncing' is for and whether it's the tru cause of the high CPU and the inability to install

Shame on blackberry for making the upgrade experience this bad.  If my expectations were set correctly perhaps i wouldn't have been this frustrated.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,839
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

hmaheral, it's not just the contacts, but also calendar, email messages, and any Social accounts such as Twitter and Facebook. The media card is also scanning and creating cache files and if you have privacy settings to send data, that's happening. You can doubt it, but...

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.