Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
Copes
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Odd Text Messaging Bug with the Z10

Hi all,

Aside from the crappy battery power I outlined here, I've been having a new issue with my phone since later this afternoon.

I'm going to try and explain this as best I can, as its very confusing. Hopefully this is a known issue and someone will recognize the problem.

I recieved a text message today from Person A. I responded, and Person A came back to me confused. When I checked again, in my text message history with Person A, the initial message from them was now displayed as having been sent by me to them (although this was not the case) with my response directly underneath, all in one word bubble. Later in the afternoon, it was revealed that Person B had actually sent me the message, when Person B asked me why I did not respond. Odd.

I would have thought nothing of it, but just now I recieved another message from Person A asking me "what's up?" I responded informing them that I was just reading a book, only to recieve another message from Person A a moment later asking why I was telling them this. Checking the message history, the "What's Up" message was once again now displaying in the same word bubble as my "reading a book" response, suggesting that I had actually sent the "what's up" to Person A. This was not the case. Frustratingly enough, I asked Person B if they asked me what was up. They had not. So now some unidentified Person C has sent me a message and I do not know who it was, and can't respond.

I hope that makes sense. Considering that both messages appear in Person A's name, it seems that the bug is connected to them. Did that explanation make sense? Is that a known issue? Please help.

Also, if anyone has any comments regarding my initial battery power thread, feel free to reply here as well as it would be nice to just have one thread. Do I have some sort of broken phone that needs to be returned? :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,893
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Odd Text Messaging Bug with the Z10

At some point in the past, you were a group SMS convo with both of them and that group convo never got deleted completely by all three parties.

It's ok to have more than on thread, one per each issue. Smart that way.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ssumrall
My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

I've been having the same problems as my friends with iPhones love to group message and I hate group messages.  Now I hate it even more as this stupid problem keeps happening.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,893
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

ssumrall wrote:

my friends with iPhones love to group message

There's your problem.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.