Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
HabsForTheCup
My Device: z10

Out of nowhere all my contacts are doubled..

Hi,

So this AM i go to my contacts and suddenly all of them are doubled, and most with 2 seperate pictures.

My facebook/Twitter/BBM Contacts/BBM Video/SIm Card Contacts are all switched off, only gmail is on.

I took out the battery, I restarted the phone 5 times, yet they are all still doubled...

Why is this?

It's driving me insane. Almost as much as the facebook integration into my bluetooth. Blackberry needs to address these contact issues. Both the Android and IPhone have a 'do not download contacts'... HELP!!!

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
monkeno
My Device: 9800

Re: Out of nowhere all my contacts are doubled..

The switches just magically change, go back in and reset them.

That is a feature in HUB also, particulaarly I can't keep FB and Text to stay put. It has gotten better over time though. I'm on day five and it didn't happen yet today.

Enjoy

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
HabsForTheCup
My Device: z10

I've done that a few times... still doubles all my contacts...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Flyby
My Device: Z10, Playbook

[ Edited ]

Go to contacts and swipe down for settings. You can select off for facebook or whatever.
The other thing you can do, and what I have done, select a contact that has a duplicate, and down at the bottom you see a "Links" button, press it. Then press the "Add Link" button at the bottom. This takes you back to the contact list where you can select the duplicate entry(s). Linking the duplicates to the original combines all contact details from all sources into one. And the dupes will disappear.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
hrdnox
My Device: Z10 Blackberry 10

Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, will all add contact phone numbers and names to the ones you already transferred in from your own phone.

I went through and linked everything, took some time. I then went through regularly used contacts and edited the phone numbers to what they were, home, business, mobile, etc.

You can turn Facebook and Twitter and LinkedIn off

Regards.

It's always funny when it's someone else.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DejiF
My Device: Z10

I have tried your suggestion for a few contacts, and its "appears" to work for now. But surely this cannot be the solution to this problem, to do this to every contact is time consuming and defintely not a positive for this disappoinment of a phone (so far)

Please use plain text.
Contributor
hrdnox
My Device: Z10 Blackberry 10

Exactly, "this disappointment of a phone." 

Unfortunately, the doubling contact and in my case some were trippled  - I linked them and then found out I had to go and edit each and every one because the phone numbers were all listed as "other." Shoot me.

It's always funny when it's someone else.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
monkeno
My Device: 9800

Funny. Nothing consistent about this disappointment of a product.

All mine ended up as Work so had to edit. Spent a lot of time. Turning off LI and FB doesn't make them all go away and the settings don't stick.

I even deleted LI as an app and there are still about a dozen that won't go.

I have mentally decided to return it before the 14 days which has made it more fun to see how effed up it truly is.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jsbatlanta
My Device: Z10

Yep.  Mine are all messed up.  I look in my contact book and I have a 4 contacts for the same guy.  One for Facebook, one for Linkedin, one for the company and a SIM contact.  And they're all "linked" whatever that means,  Each has a different photo but no photo shows in his BBM contact.  

Please use plain text.
DomenicoVacca
My Device: blackberry z10

I have the same issue as of Sunday. I can deal with the doubles created by Facebook, LinkedIn and others. It's that all my contacts are doubled and some have tripped. I called Fido who has NO real tech support for BlackBerry. They tell me to call blackberry who request I pay for support. Is this the craziest thing! When I have issues with my iPhone I get prompt service without paying. Please anyone have a solution.
Please use plain text.