Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
Flyby
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Out of nowhere all my contacts are doubled..

Woah!  My contacts have suddenly doubled and tripled or more. Something weird is going on here.

Mine were all perfectly fine until just the other day, I decided to try (in contacts/setting), the "Copy Contacts from Device to SIM Card" selection down at the bottom of the menu. 

I have gone back and deleted all contacts on my SIM card through "Manage SIM Card Cantacts", but now I have some repairing to do.

I'd highly suggest to avoid doing what i did, and if you already have contacts on your SIM maybe try deleting them altogether, (after  making sure they are on your phone already of course. There is pretty much no reason a Blackberry user should need to store contacts on the SIM card.

I'm hoping this is the reason and the solution for this problem everyone is having. Good luck.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pdion

Same here two times this happened, the problem for appear with my GMAIL contacts. Even is I disable all other contact sources the GMAIL one remain doubled.

I remove the GMAIL CardDav account and reinitialized it and the doubles disappeared for now.:No:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
HabsForTheCup

I did the Gmail DEV Card thing too.. and then today it all came back doubled again.

Driving me nuts!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
razi63
My Carrier: Mobilink

The doubling of contacts is a major setback. Happened just a couple of days back before that it was working just fine. I am using the set Z10 since March 7. I have more then 1800 contacts and are the most important data on my phone. Can't correct them manually. I have even wiped phone and started all over again. They again doubled. Please help
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Flyby

I've got mine fixed now.

I first deleted my Gmail CardDav, then disabled ALL other sources. Then I deleted all contacts on my SIM card.

Once that was done I re-enable the other sources one-by-one, checking to make sure I had no duplicates. 

Finally I re added Gmail CardDav. I only had a few duplicates, one was my own contact card, the others were mostly spelling variation issues.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
vnsword
My Carrier: Orange

The issue is known to BlackBerry and they're working on the fix.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
razi63
My Carrier: Mobilink

This solution to remove all contacts from Gmail account and then to reinstall is available on the BlackBerry help site. I tried. Unfortunately, my contacts that were previously doubled have since become 3 and in some cases 4 times. I have also lost a few important contacts. Bad experience.

Flyby wrote:

I've got mine fixed now.

I first deleted my Gmail CardDav, then disabled ALL other sources. Then I deleted all contacts on my SIM card.

Once that was done I re-enable the other sources one-by-one, checking to make sure I had no duplicates. 

Finally I re added Gmail CardDav. I only had a few duplicates, one was my own contact card, the others were mostly spelling variation issues.

Please use plain text.