Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
mando245
My Device: Z10, 9900, 9000 and PB
My Carrier: T-mobile

Re: Outgoing email did not work, so I returned Z10

[ Edited ]

>>> issue of sending company mails via pop3 ....

Please  come up with improved OS for us using Z10. or at least be kind in informing estimated time for improvment so we can decide to wait or not. thanks...

Your question related to outgoing POP email not going through

There are two POP setups: one for incoming and one for outgoing email

You say (?) incoming is OK.

Then, what you have to do is set your outgoing setup to a working outgoing POP.

For example: do you have a working gmail account?

if so, copy the gmail outgoing setup (you can see it in the 'accounts setup')

Then, use that data, including account and password on the non-outgoing account.

All you are doing is if telling the Z10 to send by a working setup.

This will not change the account from which you are sending from

For example if you send from my myaccount@mydomain.com the email will arrive at the recipient email box as the myaccount email.) 

If you do not have a gmail mail account then get one and use the information for the setup.

Z10 configures gmail automatically. The information will be something like:

SMPT username

youraccount@gmail.com

SMTP password

enter PW

SMTP server address

smtp.gmail.com

SMTP port

SMTP encryption:

SSL

Z10 does not care if you specify different accounts for send and receive.  

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Hucky
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Thats it. It works perfectly and whoever disposes of any public account with gmail or Outlook.com can just use the smtp setting for the outgoing mail until BB has solved the problem. Thanks a lot for the perfect assistance and lcear instruction, this is great relief and make the Z10 now much more useful. If BB will now listen carefully to some more small adjustments of the software I think we will be all happy. Lets now see what OS 10.1 has to offer. I am missing also deslerately more favourite keys for phone numbers and not just two. Thanks again for the help.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor II
scrannel
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.2228
My Carrier: T-Mo USA

[ Edited ]

No.  At least here's my issue.  First of all using my stock settings (the gmail ones do not work for my account) I can set my account up to send and receive.  Perfectly.  For a while.  Then, after some usage it stops sending.  Setting the account up was never an issue -- but then something happens... and it will suddenly cease to work. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
agj629
My Device: 9790
My Carrier: TIGO

Mando thank you I solved my issue of outgoing mail problem with your instructions worked perfect now I am happy man again.I was frustrated thanks a million.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
agj629
My Device: 9790
My Carrier: TIGO

I am using the company mails sending with Z10 ok, but when some body receive the mail, appears comming from gmail, as it is SMTP gmail route. At least can use company mail like this thanks for great momentary solution. But I am still waiting for the improoved OS for my Z10 or the upgraded OS 10.1. Hope is soon, also would like to see notifications in the HUB since after the update whatsapp dissapear, and now I have to look for whatsapp icon to check it. BB rim hope is soon. thanks.

Please use plain text.