Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
zero-1
My Device: Z10

Outgoing email did not work, so I returned Z10

Yesterday, I purchased my white Z10 and loved it, I added all my contents from my 9930 and then time came to setup my email accounts...
I have never had issues with Blackberry before with setting up emails, I tried every possible combinatioans for smtp, imap, pop and nothing, I received emails but could not send.
So this morning, I go back to Verizon to see what they could do, we called Network Solutions which is my ISP, nothing!!!
Spent an hour and a half no resolve..
So I returned my Z10 and I am frustrated, back to my old reliable Bold 9930

If they don't fix this issue, I am leaving Blackberry....

Retired
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Outgoing email did not work, so I returned Z10

Hey zeno-1,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the post.

Were you receiving any specific error messages when you were sending out messages?  Or did you receive a clock icon beside the message?

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Regular Contributor
zero-1

Hi, thank you for your reply.

I was getting the clock icon, and no matter what I and Verizon tech did, didn't seem to work.

I did return the Z10 for now and I'm back to my old reliable 9920, but if these issues get a fix, I will be back, because I loved the phone and keyboard was unreal.

Maybe I will wait for Q10 also just because I really do love typing on my 9930.

Thank you,

Zero-1

Contributor
elmit22

i have been having the same problem as Zero no outgoing mail.

i am on Talktalk internet (uk) all i get is a clock and nothing else.

New Contributor
agj629
My Device: 9790

me too I had never had issues BB9900, I just updated the OS of my Z10 to 10.0.10.99 and mails do not go out get stuck forever trying to leave. I am trying to set up a company mail that is from network solutions. set up pop up imap correctly deleted and created account several times and nothing, I love the phone but no company mails to send just received to read. Though gmail hotmail and yahoo I can receive and send. Any help_

Forums Advisor II
scrannel
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247

This is currently a known issues.  Well known.  Should be sorted in next update.  Until then I use "K9" from BBerry Apps site.  It works flawlessly.  Does not put email on hub, but does put notification in hub. 

Regular Contributor
mando245
My Device: Z10, 9900, 9000 and PB

I had a similar problem with the OP

The current Z10 is deficient in logging onto some servers.

BB tech support spent several HOURS with me to get the mail servers to recognize options that were previously accepted by prior OS. The tech's finally found the problem is in the database for repair.

Work arround:

My Gmail server worked

On email account myname@mydomain.com:

My incoming mail from myname@mydomain.com worked

My outgoing mail was setup using the mynamex@gmail.com as follows

SMPT user name: mynamex@gmail.com

gmail password: enter your PW

SMPT server address: smtp.gmail.com

SMTP port: 465

SMPT encryption: SSL

Contributor
saugdas

What the hell....

Even my 2 emails are unable to be set up. Not even for recieving.

One is my office id and the other on rediffmail. Wish I knew this before I upgraded. But now thinking of returning my Z10. Enough is enough. I dont think blackberry users have such free time to research out solutions. This is going to cost Blackberry its name which was any way on its way out of hall of fame...

WHY DID BLACKBERRY RELEASE SUCH A PRODUCT WITHOUT A PROPER VALIDATION OF ITS SOFTWARE? I hope the Technical guys there are made to learn a few lessons.

BTW, 2 of my colleagues who are due their upgrade this month end have already decided to leave blackberry seeing my issues.... and pray this is NOT the beginning. 

New Contributor
agj629
My Device: 9790

Anyone know if BlackBerry people. Will come out with a solution soon because I can not wait too long need to be able to use mails otherwise is incomplete. A just have it for a week and thinking of return it.
New Contributor
Hucky

Same problem and know many of them. No way to send emails through a pop3 server. Using K9 instead. works, but unbelievable, that such a standard application on BBs doesnt work. Easy email was THE advantage of using BB and now its gone. The total and unaccepatable issue is, that BB doesnt go public and letting us know if they are working on it, have detected the problem and when they think this is going to be solved.