Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
ddemers007
My Device: Curve, no clue what model number

Outlook Sync fix!

I came here to research this phone for my clients and I have noticed a lot of posts in reguards to people haivng issues syncing with Outlook.

I would like to point out that using Outlook without some cloud based email backend is very outdated and most new phones do not work 'nicely' with this type of setup.  Most people dont understand the benifits of cloud based eamils until they try it or until they switch phones. 

If someone ever told me I had to connect my phone to my computer to sync it I would think they are insane!  This is how things worked 3-4 years ago and it still works nice, but so does POP3 email... it doesnt mean its the way you should do the setup.

Any business who cannot afford their own exchange server should be using a service like office365... at $5.00 an email account its very inexpensive.  For any home user, they should be using Outlook.com or gmail.

I am still surprised that people are so reluctant to pay for email when they rely on it so much.  I seen people making the same comments about not being able to sync with a client program such as MS Outlook, its the same issues I hear when people purchase an Iphone or a Windows phone and want to sync their emails with their ISPs POP3 account.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ForrestB
My Device: Z10

Re: Outlook Sync fix!

I hear where you're coming from, however one problem I have with many cloud based email clients is formatting of text and signatures.

Have you ever experienced these issues?  This alone causes me to rely on my Outlook when I need an email to look professional.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ddemers007
My Device: Curve, no clue what model number

I never said Outlook itself was bad, but Outlook should still be used but the data shouldnt be stored within Outlook.

example, its not uncommon to have a tablet, a desktop, a notebook and a phone...  Why would anyone want to manually sync all of this?

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64

ddemers007 wrote:

I never said Outlook itself was bad, but Outlook should still be used but the data shouldnt be stored within Outlook.

example, its not uncommon to have a tablet, a desktop, a notebook and a phone...  Why would anyone want to manually sync all of this?

And why would any one would want the US Governement to scan and read all your information and your contact informations, and all that with out any court warrant or any kind over judicial over view.

On the other hand if there was some thing like hotmail, gmail, but here in Canada, then that would be more acceptable but the way it is right now

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,953
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

ddemers007 wrote:

I would like to point out that using Outlook without some cloud based email backend is very outdated

So is the candle, but you what, there are times that it's what's needed.

ddemers007 wrote:

Any business who cannot afford their own exchange server should be using a service like office365... at $5.00 an email account its very inexpensive.  For any home user, they should be using Outlook.com or gmail.

I own a small business. I can speak from experience here.

1. Yes, a hosted exchange is an option. For my 9-10  email accounts, it would cost sligthly over $500/year with GoDaddy, and three BlackBerry devices on the service, above and beyond what I pay now. That's not a heck of a lot of money at all. But why do it if I don't have to?
  2. I would lose my unlimited email account sizes with the hosted exchange.
  3. Using the Outlook.com solution for syncing contacts and calendar works only to the extent that I would lose the corporate identity of responding to any calendar invites with my private doman (they come from Outlook.com -- this is one barrier we haven't been able to completely over come yet).

I venture to say that myself and two friends have spent well over 40+ hours exploring the various options. I will likely be moving to a hosted exchange.

ddemers007 wrote:

For any home user, they should be using Outlook.com or gmail.

Why? My spouse can't use my private corporate domain, since I'm already paying for it? Why should she go out and have to create a new email address with outlook.com just because she is a "home user"?

I don't think you understand the situation at all or you wouldn't be so confused.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.