Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
funcourt
My Device: Z10 and Playbook

Outlook Tasks - will they sync to the Z10 with alarms?

[ Edited ]

Hello,

My number one frustration with the Z10 is the fact that the Remember application does not allow time specific alarms.  Why on earth would they remove that feature?  I do NOT want to set a calendar item to "pick up milk".  I want to be able to set up a task and put a reminder in there so I "remember" to do it.  Isn't that the point of remembering?!? I relied heavily on this feature in my previous BB devices.

My outlook does not sync with the new device (it's outlook 2003) so I switched to a yahoo calendar.  Now I am considering purchasing Outlook 2013 so that I can enter time specific tasks with alarm reminders but I'm searching forums and have not found any proof that the tasks will sync over to my Z10.  In fact I think I read that they do not.

Question: If I get outlook 2013 will the tasks sync to the Z10 with alarms?  yes or no?

Thank you

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Outlook Tasks - will they sync to the Z10 with alarms?

Non-BES, at present no...not under any natively available conditions (there may be 3rd party solutions e.g., CompanionLink).

Via non-BES OTA sync (e.g., via Outlook.com), also no...there is no industry standard for tasks, and they therefore are not supported by any OTA service that I know of.

Via BES-10, yes...but you are asking I think about the Outlook client specifically, not a BES environment.

In future ("soon", but you have to read up on the formal announcements from BlackBerry), the direct USB sync between the BB10 device an the Outlook desktop client will return, and that is supposed to have again Tasks as well. But, I can only use words like "should" and "supposed to"...for truly forward looking information is not available here, except as formally released by BlackBerry (which I am not). I also do not know if they are including that specific version of Outlook or not...but as reference, for legacy BBs they have yet to include it.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
funcourt
My Device: Z10 and Playbook

Thank you for your reply.  

Can you elaborate on what you mean by BES 10?  What is that exactly and how is that available?  What do you mean by BES "environment"  Sorry, need to dumb it down a bit for me.  I work for a large company that uses microsoft exchange but they are still working on integrating BB10.  Perhaps that is the type of environment you mean?

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Blackberry Enterprise Server. It is used in corporate environments.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

http://us.blackberry.com/business/overview.html

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code