Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Trusted Contributor
emmanualvnebu
My Device: Playbook, Bold 9790, Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

Over Heating Z 10 when data pack is turned on.

Hello guys,

I am having bit trouble here with my Z10, if i keep the data pack on, some times the handset gets really hot & the battry will go down from 100% to 0% in 1 hour. Along with it my main talk time on the phone get dedected like hell (I have BIS plan activated on my phone, still)

The confusing part is there is no application running at the background. 

I have tried scanning & uninstalling some ported applicatinos, reinstalled the BB 10 OS with new updates, still the same, Can some one tell me what should i do with it??

The same happend with my old Blackberry Bold 9790.

Thanks in advance :smileyhappy:

Emmanual.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor II
scrannel
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247
My Carrier: T-Mo USA

Re: Over Heating Z 10 when data pack is turned on.

A Z10 will not function properly on a real BIS plan. That may be the source of your problem. In fact if by "data pack" you mean "data plan", that's exactly what will be impacted. Poor battery and "heat" may be the result of your phone trying to access a normal data plan (required for the Z10), but cannot.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
emmanualvnebu

I am using vodafone connection. So are you saying Z10 use normal 2G or 3G data plan, dnt need BIS??

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor II
scrannel

[ Edited ]

Correct.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
emmanualvnebu

I have activated 3G plan on my phone now, & ll see for 2 days how it works... :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
atulm
My Device: Dev Alpha B
My Carrier: Docomo

I have a RELIANCE GSM 3G Connection at Mumbai, India. Same overheating problem with me :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
emmanualvnebu

Blackberry should launch an update to fix this issue,,, over heating handset when connected to data is not something expected... :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor II
scrannel

[ Edited ]

1.  We're only speculating in the case of emmanualvnebu that the cause may have been an incorrect data plan. The idea being that if your phone is "hunting" for service that it cannot find, it will use a lot of battery and may overheat.

2.  But what phone model number (100-?) and what OS are you using? And, when you look under "network", what are your choices? (2G, 3G etc.)

And emmanualvnebu, have you run it for a while w/o BIS?  Any difference?

3.  If you are still getting overheating, either run the phone ONLY on wifi (turn off cell network -- or even put it in airplane mode) to check if this is the root cause. 

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor II
scrannel

Brief update: I am working with another Z10 user from India on another forum who has two phones doing exactly the same thing. So I will share that information as well as we trouble shoot. But emmanualvnebu, I do need to hear back from you. Thanks
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
emmanualvnebu

I dont think so wrong plan make any diffrence in overheating when the data pack is turned on. coz, if wrong plan is activated, only difrents it make will be, when you connected online or browse online money will get deducted form the main balance...
I have activated normal 3G pack today evening...lets see how it work for 2 days, & ll let you knw.
Would like to add one more thing, if i turn off the data pack & connect to wifi only & browse for maybe more than 4 mins, it will heat up, it only happends with my Z10, not my Bold 9790, playbook, iphone.

I forgot to mention something, the main reason I switched from Bold to Z10 was the same, most of the time it overheat, & bttry runsout...
Please use plain text.