Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

TheCobra
My Device: z10
My Carrier: electrical

Re: Over Heating Z 10 when data pack is turned on.

Or maybe because you have installed android apps that blackberry don't support well

Please use plain text.
Contributor
atulm
My Device: Dev Alpha B
My Carrier: Docomo

I face the overheating issue even while browsing on the native browser :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor II
scrannel
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.2228
My Carrier: T-Mo USA

[ Edited ]

If any of these users would like to go into App Manager when you are experiencing overheating, you can see if any particular app is causing a lot of battery drain.

Also, you do not need to be actively browsing the web, etc., for the phone to use battery. As soon as you activate "data", your phone will attempt to connect. For example, I live in a very poor reception area and if data is left on the phone uses a lot of battery "hunting" for a signal. However, when I am on wifi-calling (t-mo usa) with the cell radios turned off, battery life is far better.

Still, for a phone to overheat searching for a cell signal seems extreme. Which is why I wanted to hear back from emmanualvnebu because he was on a BIS plan which will not work properly with his Z10.

Please use plain text.
clovell1
My Device: Z10 STL100-2
My Carrier: Optus

I am having this issue with the Z10, whenever i am in a low signal area the phone heats up (very hot around the chargeing plug) and will go flat in a very short time.

I have a standard 3G/4G data pack and use activesync not the BB Messenger. Lastest OS. Phone has been factory reset and tested again. I have rung my provider to confirm i have the correct data pack.

The phone gets hot just receiving or sending emails, it is my work phone so games are not used, according to the Device Monitor the System used high amounts of CPU and Battery no other application went above .5%

Please use plain text.