Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z10
Accepted Solution

PIN is being displayed at home screen and wallpaper is not being changed

Hi,

I recently refreshed and re-installed software (version is 10.3.0.442). I am facing three problems now:

1 When i change the wall paper . it doesn't change and remains to pre-configured/

2 wallpaper/home screen is showing my PIN as "0*"PIN"

3 Alarm clock is not being opened.

Please help

Super Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: PIN is being displayed at home screen and wallpaper is not being changed

Is this the official 10.3 or a leaked version you have installed. If it's official, have you tried reloading the OS via BlackBerry Link.

Craig Ashcroft Elite UK
If this post helps you please click the LIKE below the post(s)
Contributor

How would I know if its genuine or leaked?
I was having problem with BlackBerry as it was stuck at startup, so I gave it to mobile repairer in the market who installed new OS
I haven't tried reloading os yet
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C

10.3 carrier releases aren't available yet as far as I know.  You might consider using an autoloader for your device model number (STL-100-x, found under Settings>About), using these instructions:

https://developer.blackberry.com/devzone/blackberry10devalpha/devalpha_update.html

and autoload an 10.2.x release that is one or two builds older than the current 10.2.x release.

Older releases are at:

https://developer.blackberry.com/devzone/blackberry10devalpha/allautoloaders.html

You can then connect to BB Link and update to the latest consumer production build of 10.2.x.

If you use an autoloader, make sure you back up any data you intend to keep!!!

Possibly what happened is the mobile repair shop grabbed the latest autoloader or leak, assuming you wanted the latest and greatest (or maybe you asked them to give you the newest, not realizing they would take that to mean non production software).  In any case, non production software usually doesn't have all features in place (clock app, wallpaper change tool, usually are missing).

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64

SamSaya wrote:
How would I know if its genuine or leaked?
I was having problem with BlackBerry as it was stuck at startup, so I gave it to mobile repairer in the market who installed new OS
I haven't tried reloading os yet

It is not even a leak, it is a developper release, so it is lacking most of the programs and other functionality.

10.3 is not yet for the user, it is just to give the developers help for creating/updating program for when 10.3 will be released

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Contributor

So what do you guys advise:
that I should try os reload or
should install previous 10.2.x os or
Just use it as it is.. its quiet fast
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C

What seems to have worked for me in the past is to use the autoloader instructions I mentioned, and select an autoloader for an OS version that is a few builds back, and autoload that onto my device.  Once that is done, I then check for updates, and I get the official carrier update.  The reason for autoloading something that is a few builds back is that sometimes the carriers don't rollout updates right away.  So, if you use the very latest autoloader there is sometimes a chance that the carrier will not have yet rolled out their version of it for OTA update.  If you want to really make sure you get the current production version of 10.2.1 that your carrier has approved, use the autoloader to load a build of 10.1.x.  That will make sure that your software will be out of date when you query your carrier for updates.  Note I am assuming here that your carrier has some version of 10.2 approved and deployed to customers.

Solutions: 6,094
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

craigashy wrote:

Is this the official 10.3 or a leaked version you have installed. If it's official, have you tried reloading the OS via BlackBerry Link.

There is no "offical 10.3", only the leaked OS and developer version.

@SamSaya , Just update with the latest Z10 OS, via autoloader or Sachesi.

Or if you don't mind the watermarked PIN, leave it as is.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code