Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Tesl
My Device: Z10

Pandora

I'm also really bummed that besides not supporting Audible.com Z10 does not support Pandora. How long do I have to wait?
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
tickerguy
My Device: Z-10

Re: Pandora

Slacker doesn't do what you need?

Market Information? Come read The Market Ticker!
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb

The best way to find out when if an app is going to be released for the z10 is to contact the vendor and ask them. You will find all these vendors are working on the app. I needed a special app for my work and I contacted the vendor and they said they will have it in about two weeks. If you are desperate and need it right now, you can always sideload the android app on your z10 for the time being.  You can also use your browser in mobile mode in most of the vendors sites and will display their contact optimized for smart phones.  m.pandora.net, because their app uses the same web site..

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jrhamilton
My Device: Z10

I used the apk to bar convertor and brought over pandora from android. It works great except for everytime it starts for the first time, it sends you an alert notification to the Hub w/ song and artist. Also if you are using bluetooth and you disconnect the bluetooth (turn of the truck) and music keeps playing through the handset. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
peacelily
My Device: z10

How do you do this?  I would love to try it because I just got my new Z10, and it won't link with the Pandora connection in my car with the Apollo app -and to answer the other responder, no, Slacker does not get it! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
syplex
My Device: Blackberry Z10

I have a pandora capable receiver in my car too, and I tried Apollo which doesn't work for this functionality.  So I converted the Pandora android app.  It basically goes like this:

1. Download Pandora APK file

2. Convert APK to BAR file

3. Load BAR file from PC to Z10

The process is called sideloading.  You can often skip to step 3 by finding a BAR file someone else has converted. Here is a guide.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
peacelily

Thank you -this was very helpful!  I was able to successfully sideload the Pandora app, but unfortunately it didnt link to my car.  I will just have to keep my fingers crossed for Pandora to get on board and release their own app.  But now I know how to sideload apps, and that could come in very handy considering the lack of z10 apps out there right now!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
syplex
My Device: Blackberry Z10

You're welcome... I actually had just sideloaded it when I wrote that posting and hadn't tried it in my car until after I posted it... my car sort of sees it in that I get audio when on the pandora setting but I can't control it and can't see the current station, song, etc.  Sucks!

I have sideloaded quite a few and although the apps seem to work pretty good that I've loaded, many of them are very slow (primarily games).  Can't wait for native apps or a faster android emulator!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bclblola

I am interested in side loading but before I try is this hacking into the phone and could it void the phones warranty? I have Verizon and just want to know if there are any risks.
Please use plain text.