Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
DonKnotts0418
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

Password Keeper

I have a Z10 which over the past 2 weeks I have been trying to get working. They even sent me another phone which I tried installing my backup on but I keep getting issues with unable to send texts, address book wont fully load, battery will drain in 2 hours with the phone just sitting there. I'm thinking there is an issue with my backup and the only thing I care about saving on my phone is the password keeper. Is there any way to just back it up and load it on the phone after reset it to default?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Password Keeper

Here's what I would do. to do this, the device will need to be on OS 10.2 or higher. Can you check the version for me in Settings >About? What is the OS version?

Once that's done, If your password keeper data is on the phone now, log into BBWorld and make sure you're on the latest version of PK. It should be 10.2.0.44. If not, update it.

Once you have that version installed open PK and swipe down and go into Settings. Click on Export Passwords and save the file to your media card (not the device memory.) If you don't have a media card and only have access to device memory you'll want to transfer that file to your computer or save it somewhere so you can get it back after a device wipe.

Once you get your passwords exported to a file do a Security wipe on the device and start over fresh. You can then go back into PK and import the passwords back in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DonKnotts0418
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

OS is 10.2.1.537 and PK is updated. And the export worked.

Thanks for your help 

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Glad to help.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.