Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z10 and Playbook

Password Screen, causes random wake up issues and after a call Phone Freezes and needs to be restarted.

I have noticed that the Password Screen is not very robust. I have had numerous times where the phone doesn't bring up the keyboard or the screen comes up black when being "woken up".

I have now noticed that when I am on a long call - speakerphone or using a wired earpiece, that the phone will no longer "wake up". I cannot get to the password screen and the phone is basically unuseable and I need to reboot the phone.

One time this happened where my counterparty had to switch phones and called back immediately. I could not answer his call. I had to do a battery pull. The second time this happened I could at least use the power button to restart the phone.

The password screen seems to cause me quite a few issues.

I would like to know if others are experiencing the same thing.

Best regards,

ctfish

New Contributor
My Device: BB Z10

Re: Password Screen, causes random wake up issues and after a call Phone Freezes and needs to be restarted.

Same issue here. 99% of the time this happens after being on a call. If anyone else is experiencing this please reply so hopefully it will be looked at in the next couple software updates.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Password Screen, causes random wake up issues and after a call Phone Freezes and needs to be restarted.

I have the exact same issues, and experienced them numerous times.

My Device: z10

I have the same exact issues. I am a strong Blackberry support, please help to fix this ASAP. I have been an evangelist for the z10 - I can't tell the nay sayers that I am having this problem!

Contributor
My Device: BB Z10

I have this issue too. I am honestly tired of this phone. It is so buggy. Can someone respond with how to fix these issues?
Contributor
My Device: blackberry z10

i believe the same thing happened to be.  i was thinking that maybe it had to do with the password screen as well but it's weird how it's worked fine for over a month and then BAM.

this morning i wasn't even on a phone call and i looked to wake up my device by swiping up and there is no response.  i can't wake it up from the top button either.  i can see the red notification light blinking and i can hear when i get emails but i can't do anything.  now i'm going to have to just reboot it.  holding the top button shows the power off/restart screen.  that's about all i can get to.  i think i'll try a battery pull this time.