Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Patch for Hub Notification bug ?!?

I just read on crackberry that Blackberry had just issued a patch to fix the missing notification section in the hub, which began after last software update (i.e., .85) for Bell & Rogers....is this true? If so, where would find it? 

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Patch for Hub Notification bug ?!?

Hi there,

I can't seem to find that article. Can you post a link for this? I know that WhatsApp posted an update to fix a notification issue they were having with their app, but that's the only update I'm currently aware of myself. That said, I have also noticed the missing notification section in the Hub as well, but I haven't seen or heard of an update to fix this myself.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

pgc
Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Rogers

I also experienced the same issue. Based on Rogers tech support they recommended a security wipe. I did the wipe and it worked the notification icon is restored and my what's app messages come under it in the hub. I was not too thrilled to do the factory reset, but it only took about half hour and the phone is back to normal and appears to running great. 

Contributor

Well, that's great...except I don't wanna put BLACKBERRY Link anywhere near my pc (I need it for work) as it doesn't seem to work.

Sigh. Same old blackberry. Time for a new phone I think.
Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Not sure what you mean there. All of the devices have needs for desktop software. Even the iPhone requires iTunes. Do you not have access to another computer (e.g. at home) that you could do this on? The alternative is to simply wait for the next OS update.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Contributor

I'm aware of smartphone desktop software and smartphones. What I'm concerned about is the Link software itself, which, by all accounts, is exceptionally bad.

Anyways - moving on.