Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
mrabitti
My Device: Z10

Re: Personal exerience with the new Z10 - not good

i so wanted to support blackberry because I think they have been a milestone in the business phone industry

however, the more i get into the Z10, the more I am disappointed.

No Skype, No BBerry servive with huge charges for email abroad, no outlook sync, no automatic cc in emails, no bberry travel and a lot more

i understand that now the target for every "phone company" seems to be adnroid and apple but they are far from being a decent answer for business needs.

i did not need a consumer phone perfect for kids ... i needed a phone who can get my work done

i also understand the early-adopters concept but I do not agree with it

you are trusting sales to go up right away to avoid bankruptcy, then you should mind these that are fundamental functions for your client basis

Regular Contributor
Publisher

I don't have a 'share' option when I invoke the three dots... which are also at the bottom RIGHT (not left) of my screen.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

Publisher wrote:
I don't have a 'share' option when I invoke the three dots... which are also at the bottom RIGHT (not left) of my screen.

I believe this was in relation to sharing contacts and vCards right?

There are actually two ways to share a vCard with someone on the Z10:

Option 1 - From contacts app:

Enter the contacts app, find your contact, touch the contact and hold finger on the screen until side menu appears, chose share contact icon, you will be prompted to shose BBM, email, etc. and it will open in a new message of your chosing.

AttachContactFromEmail.png

Option 2 - From Hub or existing email

In the Hub start a new email or reply to one, chose attach from the menu at the bottom, chose "Contact", select one or multiple contacts then click Done. There you go it has attached a vCard to your email. :smileyhappy:

AttachContactFromEmail.png

I hope that helps you out.

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Contributor
mshanshal

To clarify what drewread wrote, there is no "share" if you view the contact from the Phone contacts list.  You will have to open the contact on the Contact Application (or click view details from the menu in the phone application which will take you to the Contact application - an extra step - then click menu and share).

Forums Advisor III
drewread

Yes, and it looks like of you do use the phone app, then chose view details you do indeed get the overflow menu [(...) vertically] with the 'share contact' option. :smileyhappy:
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
New Contributor
mr_vpw

"I am not a programer but all of this is just because Blackberry decided to remove the AutoBCC tick box?"

Yeah, because it's essential we have a copy of messages we send. Because every other blackberry had this. Because they're known for good messaging.

and mostly because not everyone uses ActiveSync and some of us *can't* for various very boring but absolutely true reasons.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

If you use IMAP all of your sent items should also be reflected on the server, mine are. The only email accounts that don't do this are POP accounts as far as I understand.
New Contributor
margaret1953
My Device: blacberry z10

your comments were very helpful except there is a problem with email syncing when roaming. If you are roaming email, conatcts and calendar do not sync regardless of whether I am connected through network or wifi. Someone suggested turning off the push button when roaming so it manually syncs. This worked once but it has not synced again. This is a serious problem being experineced by many. Do you have any ideas?

jamead1981 wrote:

Hi Paul,

• On the sending a contacts details to someone else, if you open the contact entry of the person you are sending and hit the 3 dots in the bottom left you have the option to share there - the details are sent as a VCF. 
  • You can tap and hold the date seperator and choose to delete all prior emails rather the manually deleting each one. 
  • Copying yourself - I've just setup a spare GMAIL account as a pop and a sent email also seems to have been copied to my gmail account as well. This could just be a gmail account setup though
  • Roaming - this is something your carrier sets rather than Blackberry. 
  • Speed Dial- from the phone app, on the calls page I have speed dials to Voicemail and I can set a further two contacts at the top of the screen. You can also press and hold a recently dialled number and it will be added to the speed dial list at the top (you can have up to 8+ voicemail). For some reason the Add To Speed Dial option when you press and hold a contact in the Contacts view does not work. 

New Contributor
margaret1953

you seem to have a good understanding of the Z10.

Re roaming the Z10 does not sync emails, calandar when roaming > i have been told to turn off the push button so it would manually sync-- this worked once but has not worked again. This seems to be a problem many of us are having . I have data roaming off and I expected it to sync when I was using wifi as my BB Torch did but it does not. Do you have any suggestions ?

New Contributor
margaret1953

your comments were very helpful except there is a problem with email syncing when roaming. If you are roaming email, conatcts and calendar do not sync regardless of whether I am connected through network or wifi. Someone suggested turning off the push button when roaming so it manually syncs. This worked once but it has not synced again. This is a serious problem being experineced by many. Do you have any ideas?