Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Trusted Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: vodafone

Re: Personal exerience with the new Z10 - not good

Guys, I have been roaming whole last week. I was in Germany. I have both active sync with my company and all my Gmail accounts and private pop and I map accounts. No problem!
hnr
My Device: BB z10
My Carrier: AIS

I have been BB user for 5 years. Recently I changed to BB Z10. I found it less user friendly (to my needs) compare to the old good BB.

As many have rightly said, we dont need to find work around to be BCC when we send e-mails, this MUST be an option for us to select when setting email accounts! For me is a serious setback and I have considered to re-use my old BB.

- I found it disturbing that I can NOT change the font’s size in e-mails I got

- I found it annoying that I can not EDIT or add numbers or prefix to any number when using the dialer. It seems that the dialer is not related to the phone. It has no functions aside from dialing. If I need to add saving prefix when roaming I have to add each number as a contact! So annoying!!! Can not cut and paste, can not copy and paste. Just a dumb dialer. All but user friendly!

- I could not find a way to add keyboards and have multi keyboards, such as have in many smart phones today. It limits the use of languages, which is again, not user friendly.

- I found it annoying when I can not see the number I am dialing (especially when someone called and I need to return a call). As it all goes via contacts number definition (work, mobile and so froth), and for every contact I have at least 2 or 3 numbers (which have different prefix due to different saving programs of locations), I need to look at the HUB to check if the number I am dialing is the one I really wish to use. In the past just selecting the contact number (such as Work 1 or Work 2) would show me the number for 1-2 seconds, which was enough.

Some have mentioned that this is a new s/w and we need to wait for BB to come with solutions. Yet, Skype is not a new issue, yet till today can not find any solution...

As a personal view, I have waited for this new BB and did wish that changing to Z10 will bring a lot more than it did. As of now, with the present s/w, too many small but annoying issues, which should not have been there to start with.

Cheers! 

My Device: z10
My Carrier: rogers

I have managed to sync my outlook contacts and calendar in both directions by going through Outlook.com.  Outlook and and Outlook.com sync together very nicely and then you sync the Z10 with your outlook.com account.  The part that took me a while to figure out is that I need to now use the Calendar and Contact folder associated with Outlook.com on both Outlook and the Z10. 

Once i got it setup it works flawlessly and I don't need to plug in the Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Storm II
My Carrier: Verizon

Wow. Just reading all these posts about the BB10 I waited over six months to buy. First, I was specifically warned off getting the phone by a guy working at a Verizon store in Portland Oregon.  After some research and reading these posts, I have to say I am going to get a Galaxy or god forbid an Iphone!  No Pin-to-Pin messaging, no Outlook Sync, (No VZ Navigator for those of us on Verizon), no sending phone contacts by attachment - on and on.  What can I say but WTF!?  Exit one exceeding loyal BB customer (and my entire family of BB users) over the irresponsible oversights, or whatever.  And, don't blame (just) the carriers.  Part of putting out a product like this is getting the carriers on board.  So, that is a fail there.  I guess RIM, now BB is going to sink.  I am not going down with THAT ship.  I like my Samsung TV anyway...

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

meridional wrote:

Wow. Just reading all these posts about the BB10 I waited over six months to buy. First, I was specifically warned off getting the phone by a guy working at a Verizon store in Portland Oregon.  After some research and reading these posts, I have to say I am going to get a Galaxy or god forbid an Iphone!  No Pin-to-Pin messaging, no Outlook Sync, (No VZ Navigator for those of us on Verizon), no sending phone contacts by attachment - on and on.  What can I say but WTF!?  Exit one exceeding loyal BB customer (and my entire family of BB users) over the irresponsible oversights, or whatever.  And, don't blame (just) the carriers.  Part of putting out a product like this is getting the carriers on board.  So, that is a fail there.  I guess RIM, now BB is going to sink.  I am not going down with THAT ship.  I like my Samsung TV anyway...

"You picked the wrong time to leave me Lucile..." isn't that how the song goes Smiley Wink

Pin to pin is back for those with 10.1, outlook sync is on the way, and BlackBerry doesn't make VZ software... Smiley Wink

Have fun on your new phone!!

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

And I see BB stocks are rising, too.
New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Cytamobile-Vodafone

I posted this on another thread

---------------------------------------------

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Z10/random-restarts-reboots/m-p/2372065#M23166

When I got the z10 (10.0.99) I experienced a couple of random reboots in the first 48 hour but after that no more reboots. The only problem was corrupted text in e-mails. After upgrading to 10.1.0.273 30 hours ago (plus the 4 MB additional update) I've had 4 random reboots and the sms freezes after I send a text (I need to do a battery pull to get the phone to work again). The txt corruption seems to have been fixtd. When the phone works it feels solid but with the reboots and freezes I feel it's high time I move to another platform. 

I have an STL100-2 device

---------------------------------------------

Things might be coming but they have to work also! BB doesn't seem to care about its customers. I've owned multiple BB phones over the past 10 years and never once did I have to resort to the support forums since everything worked flawlessly. This isn't the case anymore! I used to wonder why people would buy iPhones or Android devices since they seemed to have multiple issues. BB has decided tojoin the crowd and offer phones with multiple serious problems.