Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
mwineBB
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Phone app improvement suggestion

For what it's worth, I thought I'd put this out there.  Perhaps someone else has found a simliar awkward experience.

about the phone app, which could easily be improved.

After launching the Phone app, when searching a Contact would it not make sense that instead of having to select the Contact tab at the bottom, than having to tap the Search field at the top of the next screen to launch the keyboard, that instead the icon really should be changed to a Search Contact icon, and upon changing screens to the Contact list, the keyboard should automatically launch.  Clearly in going to the Contacts tab you are looking to search.  This would speed the process by eliminating one step, and eliminate your thumb having to reach to the top Search field to launch the keyboard.  Just is more intuitive in my mind since the purpose of the Contact button in the phone app is really to search a contact.

In fact this is how the Contacts app works (well), and it would add a consistency to the "search contact" process in both apps.

Perhaps this will be a UI modification in 10.2?

Please use plain text.