Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

bhockin
My Device: Blackberry z10

Phone completely crashed after update

[ Edited ]

Hey. 

So I am unsure of what to do. I updated the software (to the 10.1) last night and restarted my z10. Ever since then i have had problems. First, I wasn't able to use anything without having a connection to wifi (i couldn't send text msgs, bbm, internet - and i do have a data plan that still has data on it). I then tried to restart it several times again, thinking that it might work, nothing. Then I used the Blackberry link and reset the phone to factory settings hoping that would work, and now it won't connect to anything. When i try to turn the phone on, i get the prompt to connect it to a computer, but my computer says it cannot connect to the device, and when i click restore a green light appears on my phone and no matter how long i leave it, nothing changes. I have also tried to take the battery out to restart it that way and the same prompt to connect it to the computer appeared. Please help!!

Thanks.

Retired
hmthepirate
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Phone completely crashed after update

Hello bhockin and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Sorry to hear you're having difficulty powering on your BlackBerry Z10 smartphone.

To clarify, after the software update completed, the icon with the USB and computer appeared on your device, following the reboot? 

What is your version of BlackBerry Link? Are you using Windows or Mac? 

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!