Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: z10

Re: Phone keeps turning on when charging

What charger are you using? Does your phone show 100% (or at least 99%) if you turn it on without unplugging it? Normally the green light means fully charged and the flashing light means charging so I wonder if you are getting a full charge.
Contributor
My Device: Playbook (x2), Z10 and PassPort

When charging my first Z10...

- Power off Z10

- Plug into charger

- Red LED blinks until charged, then Green LED is lit (just like my PlayBook)

- Phone stays off

- Phone was stolen on May 1. Don't remember if it had OS 10.0 or 10.1. If OS 10.1 was available in Canada (Rogers) before May 1, then I would have updated to 10.1.

My second Z10, it's a different story...

- Power off Z10

- Plug into charger

- Red LED blinks for a while, then goes off

- Turns out the phone has turned itself on and as mentioned in an earlier post the charging LED's are off when the phone is powered up.

- I never see a green LED anymore.

- OS 10.1

- Phone battery level never goes higher than 91% while charging. After removing charger and restarting then it will show 99% or 100%.

This auto power on when charging "feature" is a pain, especially when I'm using the external battery charger bundle. I want the phone to stay off, otherwise it continues to drain the external battery as well as in the internal battery.

This seems to be an OS related problem I hope it's fixed in 10.2.

Contributor
My Device: Playbook (x2), Z10 and PassPort

This is weird...
Nothing has changed on my Z10 and now it's recharging properly. It stays off while recharging and goes green when ready. Maybe there was a full moon recently, whatever glad it's back to the way it should be.