Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

ShayKing
My Device: z10
My Carrier: at&t

Phone randomly stops working

I'm not sure how to describe this, but randomly my phone will sort of shut off. I'll press the unlock button on the top, and nothing will happen. But if i hold it down, it'll show the countdown for it to be shut off. I have to take the battery out in order for my screen to actually show

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
fyip
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Phone randomly stops working

OK, lets check first to see if it is a battery problem. With your phone off plug your charger in, wait till you get the green solid light indicating a full charge. Turn phone on and check here:  Settings, About, Hardware, Battery %

If your battery does not show 100% do this: with your phone off and charger plugged in wait 10 minutes.

With charger still attached and plugged in remove the battery for 3 minutes then replace the battery and continue to charge till full then check the % again.

When you hold down the power button and see the countdown but do not do the full count does tapping Cancel or Restart do anything.

fyip.......for your info please
Please use plain text.
ShayKing

I checked the battery, and that's not it. 
When I hold down the power button and see the countdown, tapping Cancel or Restart DOES work

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
fyip

Did you try a simple reset?  When powered on hold down the power button for 10 seconds, you will get  reset, and your phone will be reset once powered on. 

Please use plain text.
ShayKing

I have tried that, and it sadly did not work 

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
fyip

Well your phone could actually have a defect such as loose solder, etc. It might still be under warranty, maybe you should take it back to where you bought it and see about having it repaired.

Please use plain text.