Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
neilpalesh
My Device: Z10

Picture Text Messages

Recently, I've been having on an off issues with picture text messaging. Sometimes, my pictures won't send and other times I won't receive pictures sent to me. When they won't send the app just shows what looks like a speaker icon next to the message for an extended period. To remedy this and be able to send messages again it usually takes about 3 restarts. Sometimes, I get a text messaging telling me to click the "Download" button to download the message. However, clicking it doesn't do anything. To rememdy this, the same 3 restarts.

I've called my carrier (Bell) and they don't see any issues in my logs with them (pictures are being sent and received without any errors). The agent said it seems to be a device issue in that it isn't sending messages to the carrier properly.

Has anyone else been having these issues? Any better solutions than 3 consecutive restarts?

Please use plain text.
Retired
hatchback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Picture Text Messages

Hey Neilpalesh,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

To help you with this I have a couple questions; When you are having this issue is your BlackBerry Z10 smartphone connected to a Wi-Fi network? And what does your Network indicator display when this occurs? 

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
neilpalesh

Thanks for the reply! When this has happened I am not connected to WiFi. My network is fairly consistent being on the 4G LTE with a strong signal (usually 4-5 bars).

I'm trying to monitor the frequency of this issue to see if I can figure out a pattern or some kind of rhyme or reason, but haven't been able to yet. It just happens intermittently and seemingly out of no where.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kbalaz
My Device: Z10/Playbook

Anyone figured this out? I am now having the same issue. Bell Mobility, connected via wifi, or Air, strong signal. Same issue, tries to send, then times out with a red clock, and then tries again. Incoming text I get the download button that does nothing, and sending it wont.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
neilpalesh

It is still happening intermittently for me. In a Crackberry forum I note there is commentary (allegedly from Bell) that in the upcoming OS update (expected to be released tomorrow - Thursday, 7 March 2013) one of the bug fixes is MMS message sending and receiving issues. Perhaps this will resolve it along with a few other fixes, notably better anticipated battery life.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
keelduf
My Device: z10

Same issue here, on Solavei in the US.  Receive mms texts with no issue but can't send pics via text.  Also can't adjust the APN settings even though I have an unlocked phone from GSM Nation.  Any help or updated are greatly appreciated.  Love the new OS and Z10

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kbalaz
My Device: Z10/Playbook

just got off the phone with Bell tech. Tried to send while she was watching my account. she had me pull the battery while it was on and then reboot and try again. Problem solved first try. She also mentioned that if it happens again after the update to reboot the device one more time.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Rogue-19
My Device: Blackberry Z10

OMG thank you; that was totally it for me! A lot of stupid stuff occurs when you switch your data services off while at home or in a hotspot due to being on Wifi instead though it seems.

Will this change one day?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Skipper1960
My Device: Blackberry Z10

I'm with Bell as well, if I do a hard reset it works for about a day.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
neilpalesh

Here's the latest from BlackBerry technical support:

"I just called and left you a voice mail regarding the MMS issue on your Z10 device. The seniors have reproduced it and the issue is going to be resolved in a future software update of 10.1. I do not have a release date for the software release but I would expect to see it around the time the Q10 comes out."
Please use plain text.