Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Plastic Z10 Screen Issue Report

When I took the plastic off of the screen on my Z10 there became a noticeable adhesive thin film that made the screen look as if there were areas of bubbles under the screen.

It became noticeable once you had finger prints. Brought to a mobile store and the guy there sprayed a solution to clean it. But soon as I used it again those bubble like marks reappeared under light.

How I removed that thin film of adhesive coating was that I took a Lenspen that is used for cleaning my DSLR lens it uses graphite and it removed all that glue like film.

This is obviously a packaging issue. Where the plastic protective covering the screen should not leave such a film. Hope this helps somebody out there.

Oh for those who want to really clean their Z10 camera lens get yourself the Lenspen kit that comes with a smaller Lenspen works great. Hope this serves you well. :smileyhappy:
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Plastic Z10 Screen Issue Report

Hello,

I'd really recommend you go back to your place of purchase again and show them that their remedy is not working. It definitely should not be like that, and I suspect that they may have a batch that was subjected to extreme conditions during shipment and/or incorrect packaging procedures originally. In any event, they definitely need to make this right for you.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor

Hi sdgardne read further down in my post I had resolved it myself. I like to try and take care of whatever issues I may have first before I would waste my valuable time returning to a mobile store. Thanks for your input. :smileyhappy:
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z-10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Mine didn't have any residue on it once I removed the clear protective film that it shipped with; it came off cleanly.

Market Information? Come read The Market Ticker!
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

WatchStops wrote:
Hi sdgardne read further down in my post I had resolved it myself.

Excellent!

WatchStops wrote:
I like to try and take care of whatever issues I may have first before I would waste my valuable time returning to a mobile store. Thanks for your input. :smileyhappy:

Then you choose to let others be the victims of whatever might be wrong...not a "good" or "bad" judgment, btw...each of us makes our own decisions in life.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor

Thanks tickerguy for your input good to know that much appreciate. :smileyhappy:
Regular Contributor

sdgardne being a person with a disability like myself does not afford me the ability sometimes to just up and run around for nothing.

If I have made someone a victim for not returning to a mobile store to notify them of an issue my humble apologies. Some of us have limited decisions we can make bases on our abilities thank you. :smileyhappy: