Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
KayaVL
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Please fix these things with an update to the software soon!

I am hoping that on the Blackberry Z10 update that these things will be fixed –

1. Auto rotate doesn’t work with everything. There are certain apps that don’t rotate at all. I always like typing with the phone sideways with my thumbs (Its so fast that way)– my old Storm 9550 rotated so fast and easily on every screen and app.
  2. The texting box needs to open right up and not take you to the Hub. I’m fine with all other emails/ messages in the Hub, but I text the most and that icon should open right up to the text messages in one tap.
  3. More and better ringtones / sounds. Again my Storm had some awesome varieties of tones / sounds.
  4. In addition to tones /sounds, please make it so each contact can have advanced settings to adjust their tone/sound at a louder setting and also that you can set a particular persons setting to make a sound even during silent settings for the rest of the phone. I use to use this incase a certain person has to call or text me at night – but I didn’t want sounds from anything else while I slept. Z10 only has options for “calls only” in the sounds screen or in bedside mode. But no custom settings for each contact in the contacts list as my Storm did.
  5. The way to save emails in a saved messages folder is very confusing. I have not figured out how to do this. On the Storm – you just hit save message and it went into a save messages folder, so easy to access. It was easier to choose and save wanted messages and then do a “delete all prior” to get rid of all unwanted messages in one tap, because there’s always more of those.
  6. Also as far as deleting, there use to an option to delete from handheld or from handheld and inbox, please add that back in.
  7. Pictures- sending pictures had the option to send small, medium, large images (for control over what resolution you wanted to send) Please add this option back in. There is also no confirmation that the picture was emailed or texted after you hit send.

I think there are a lot of very awesome and cool things about the new Z10 and I love the set up, the way it flows and I’m sure Blackberry will adjust and fix these issues. New stuff is great or way to do the old stuff better is great too, but some of the old features that were fast and convenient need to come back. We all want our communication and organization of this technology to keep us going, not take us backwards and make us feel lost.

I know Blackberry will fix it J  These fixes would be well appreciated in the next upgrade SOON, please.