Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Poor Sync between Blackberry 10 (Z10) and Goldmine using CompanionLink

First off, I love my new Z10 and it's performance.  Blackberry is a superior business tool.

However, for the same reasons identified in posts under syncing to Outlook, I must express astonishment that the sync function runs so poorly.

I have over 2,900 contacts in our Goldmine CRM.  Over the years, I've used CompanionLink to sync via USB cable to my BB Curve 8310.  After the initial sync, regular daily syncs take about 2 minutes at best.  All contacts, calendar appts, to-do's, and notes transfer over to the BB.

With my new Z10, I find that in order to sync from Goldmine, via CompanionLink, I have to use a Z10 installed program, called DejaHub.    DejaHub runs the sync from CompanionLink and Goldmine.

However, while the sync ultimately works, it takes over 4 HOURS to complete a one-way sync from Goldmine to the Z10!!!   This is completely ridiculous and certainly not a productive use of business time.

After speaking with CompanionLink tech support, they suggested that they are receiving many calls complaining about the LONG sync-times.  They indicated that this is a "Blackberry problem" as it's endemic to the BB10 OS.  CompanionLink suggested that for every 1,000 contacts, a sync would take over 1 hour - this is NORMAL?

When I asked how long an iPhone takes to sync from Goldmine via CompanionLink, they said it was less than 5 minutes!!

While I am a very loyal BB user and am rooting for the company's survival and success, I believe this is a major oversight to business customers who rely heavily on their central CRM systems.   A quick sync to my Z10 should not be a technical nightmare!

I will struggle through this ... meaning that I can only consider syncing my Z10 once per week instead of 2-3 times per day.

I want to know how serious Blackberry is in addressing this issue as, I'm sure, this is a deal breaker for many potential customers.

Herb...
Waterloo, ON