Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
Monksey
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Ee

Poor support

The support on this forum and generally for all the bugs in the new z10 is abysmal. 

It is beyond me why some of us have bothered to post on here as not many people deems to get a reply from a blackberry tech rep to even say they acknowledge the question. 

Also how you can create a smart phone that can't search or view imap emails past 30 day is amazing!!? 

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Poor support

This isn't an official support channel. You need to go through your carrier for official RIM support.

That said, I can't find any remote search for anything over 30 days either.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Developer
greenback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, DAC

Actually, if you have a Z10, why not enable BBM Screen Sharing and allow someone to troubleshoot  your issue in real time?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
scottdeagan
My Device: Z10 • Z30 • PlayBook
My Carrier: 3 Network UK

I agree with Monksey. I have been ridiculed and told the Z10 isn't the phone for me for reporting an issue here. Great stuff.

John_Clark: what if you have a SIM free handset that's not officially supported by your carrier? What is the official channel to report issues then?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Excellent question. For years there has been little support for users who do that. Unlocked handsets just aren't supported. You have to purchase a device from an authorized retailer in order to get official support. That's how it's always been. I'm not saying that's a good support model, I've never liked it myself, but that's how it's been done. I've heard nothing to make me think the Z10 will be any different.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
zaba76
My Device: Z10, PlayBook 64 OS2.1
My Carrier: O2 UK

This always bugs me... The best way for companies to improve products is by actively seeking bug reports and acknowledging them and then producing fixes down the line. Developers have this option in application world - we can provide them with feedback. I do, and most of them get back to me. A support option to report bugs in the settings menu of the z10 would have been one of the best things blackberry could have done to show it's NEW (and old) customers that it cares and is really determined to be the best it can be!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'LIKE' me if it makes sense...

PS. The BlackBerry Z10 & PlayBook rock with the QED uPlay!
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

zaba76 wrote:
This always bugs me... The best way for companies to improve products is by actively seeking bug reports and acknowledging them and then producing fixes down the line.

I shall do like John_Clark, by stating you how things work when you want to do that. I do feel it is not the most efficient way to get feedback.

For BlackBerry devices, if you want to do a bug report:

• if you have a carrier subscription, you have to go through your carrier helpdesk (free of charge for you). They are able/supposed to escalate to BlackBerry helpdesk (still free of charge for you).
  • if you do not have a carrier subscription, you can contact BlackBerry incident-based support (you have to pay for that), here: http://us.blackberry.com/support/programs/technical/incident.html

Whatever the means, those reports are taken into account in stats and other decision maker tools and when it reaches a threshold, BlackBerry decide to fix the bug / code the enhancement.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Developer
gmsm
My Device: Pearl 9105 - Playbook 16Gb
My Carrier: Tigo

I recommend you all to follow @blackberryhelp in twitter.
Pearl 9105 6.0 Bundle 2950
Playbook 2.1.0.1032
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
zaba76
My Device: Z10, PlayBook 64 OS2.1
My Carrier: O2 UK

Guess I'll have to figure out twitter then. Lol.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'LIKE' me if it makes sense...

PS. The BlackBerry Z10 & PlayBook rock with the QED uPlay!
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
DVader
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 & PlayBook
My Carrier: AT&T

Try your carrier first, if you are unlocked you are more on your own, but that is not unique to BlackBerry, I don't know of any phone MFR that supports unlocked phones.
Please use plain text.