Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
CrossFitMike
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Poor video quality when MMS or emailing

Okay this is a fairly annoying issue - one that I've never experienced with iPhone and Android.

When I take a video using my Z10 and then decide to share either by texting/MMS or emailing to another person (or even myself) the quality of the video once received is very poor.

Now this isn't an unusal thing to do - I've always sent my Wife a video of our kid with my iPhone and sent via MMS or email and it would be sent without any issues and when she opened the attachment the video was high quality.

Not on the Z10 - in fact it's so poor quality that you can barely tell what the video is of.  

Listen up!  I took the video using the Z10 and viewing on the Z10 it looks awesome but once its sent and received the quality is horrible.

I'm using a Class 4 SD card - this shouldn't be an issue whatsoever.  Also Rogers indicated that this isn't a network problem since Blackberry compresses its videos when sending but it should not be a bad video once compressed and opened. 

HELP!!!

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
Cpt_Sweatpants
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Poor video quality when MMS or emailing

Hi CrossFitMike,

What size are the videos you are trying to send? Does this happen with both large and small videos?

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.