Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

sarahvashti
My Device: z10

Pop email problem since Friday

HI everyone,

I got my z10 a couple of months ago and am with T mobile/EE in the UK.  Everything worked fine til Friday last week. Since then, my Pop email account has been able to pick up emails but not send them - a clock  appears instead of a tick to say they are sent. Going into set up, I am told that the settings are wrong and I need to check them and try again.  My hotmail account works fine, but I can no longer access the junk email, which should be a blessing, you might say, but because I get so much rubbish sent, my hotmail is set to exclusive so I do need to check the junk daily to see if anyone not in my address book has contacted me.  I can live without this, however, but the other issue with my pop account is doing my head in.

T mobile say it is a work-related issue and the settings must have changed. My phone is not a work phone but a private one, but I am part of a franchise so I do have an account loosely related to work though they don't really oversee it. The IT people at head office at any rate say that nothing has changed there and the ports and smtp address etc are still the same and that the other 700 franchisees have not reported any issues with their phones. In the mean time, my phone does not work properly but I am stuck with it on contract as T mobile say they only guarantee phones with non-pop accounts. I see there is a known issue with pop accounts on the z10 but does anyone have any idea when the fix is rolling out to the UK? T mobile told me fixes come out instantaneously across the world but I can see little evidence of this. If there is not a fix and I cannot take it back to t mobile to change it, can I send it to Blackberry?

Thanks for any advice you can offer,

Sarah

New Contributor
abualroob
My Device: z10

Re: Pop email problem since Friday

I have the same issue for my work POP email, I have to configure my email every time, and after each recofiguration I'm recieving emails for one time, then it is stopped fetching emails from the server,

really very I'm upset....

New Contributor
MarcioTB
My Device: Z10

Re: Pop email problem since Friday

The same problem here!

Since the last software update yesterday!

I have 1 Hotmail account (works fine) and 2 pop accounts (I can receive but not send!).

:Helpsmilie: