Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
arkaroola
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Prevent automatic downloading of attachments on Z10

[ Edited ]

I am trying to find a way of NOT getting some attachments in my emails on the Z10.  There are emails that come to my desktop with huge attachments that are meant for the desktop and not my Blackberry Z10.   With BIS, it would give me the option to download them on the Blackberry, now I don't seem to be able to find that option.

My Data for yesterday was the equivalent of a month of data in the BIS-days all because of attachments from one email account.

Follow-up - I talked to my provider (Telus) and right now there is no way of stopping the download of attachments.   They are hoping it will be addressed in an update.  I sure hope so.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hatchback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Prevent automatic downloading of attachments on Z10

Hello, Arkaroola,

To better assist you with this, are the attachments Inline attachments (images in the body of the message) or attached documents?

Attached documents do not automatically download , but inline attachments can, you can stop images from automatically download by completing the following:

1. In the BlackBerry Hub, tap Menu > Settings Settings > Display and Actions.
  2. Change Download Images Automatically.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
arkaroola
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Prevent automatic downloading of attachments on Z10

Inline Images are turned off and the attachments are NOT inline.
I did a few tests when I saw that I had used 45mb of data when I added the email account in question.
Then I tried sending a few images - and they went through (verified by looking at the data details of my plan).  
The problem attachment is a 6mb zip files that I get several times a week that I don't want or need going to my Blackberry.
thanks, Liam.
hatchback wrote:

To better assist you with this, are the attachments Inline attachments (images in the body of the message) or attached documents?

Attached documents do not automatically download

Please use plain text.