Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Previous APPs of Blackberry are not on Z10

Dear Z10 makers,

Can any one tell why apps which are on previous platform are not on Z10. Atleast we need that first. When we will be getting Google Maps your Blackberry maps shows nothing for India.

Missing apps in India:  Google Maps, ICICI banking, Axis Banking and lot more....

Hope u will solve the problem very soon...

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Previous APPs of Blackberry are not on Z10

[ Edited ]

Hi there,

Alas, this is up to the developers for each of their apps to decide to create versions that work with BlackBerry 10. If you want specific apps, your best bet will be to contact the developers and ask them if they are working on an app for BlackBerry 10, and if so, when they expect it to be submitted. If they need help from BlackBerry, the BlackBerry Developer Relations team is willing to help developers figure out how to update their apps to BlackBerry 10.

Note: If you want Google Maps on your phone, there is one way you should be able to get it. On your Z10, go to http://maps.google.com. This will open the HTML5 version of Google Maps on your browser. You can then select Allow to give Google Maps permission to access the GPS on your device. Next, tap on the 3 dots on the bottom right to bring up the Options and select the option to Add to Homescreen. This will place an icon on the homescreen of your Z10, so you can click on it to open Google Maps just like you would any other app.

While not the same as an actual app, this should help in the meantime.

I hope this info helps.

(Thanks to jerryg50 for the trick for Google Maps)

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor
My Device: 9000, 9700, 9780, 9790, 9900, Z10, PlayBook 32GB
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Previous APPs of Blackberry are not on Z10

3rd party apps, like the ones you've mentioned, are developed by those parties directly, BlackBerry has no input into the how, why or when an app's developed or released. If you want those apps then it's best to contact those companies directly and request a BB10 app. From the apparent success of the Z10 in India I wouldn't be surprised if apps are under development already. Having said that, Google has been playing games with both BB10 and WP8 devices and they appear to be less than enthusiastic about developing native apps for them so it's probably best to follow the instructions of the previous poster and use the HTML5 link.