Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Tacmoza
My Device: none

Price and sell the Z10 in N. America Without Contract

It is becoming increasingly difficult to find stores that stock the Z10.  In most stores I have gone to, the sales rep states that the device just does not have much consumer demand.

On the other hand, Tmobile's new pricing plans that allow the consumer to save quite a bit on monthly charges if they bring their own device creates a unique and large opportunity for Blackberry:  drop the price of the Z10 and sell it without contract through Amazon or others.  The traditional cellphone departments in Best Buy, Costco and Radio Shack won't have any interest in this arrangement as they earn lots of money by getting consumers to sign up for 2 year contracts.

But stores such as Amazon that sell individual phones and phones under contract will be attracted to the opportunity to make money on the phone markup. 

I see lots of interest on Amazon for Z10s without contract.  Unfortunately, almost all of the Z10s available through different sellers on Amazon don't work with the 4G networks of US carriers such as Tmobile.

A Z10 without contract selling for around $350 and that can be used with Tmobile or AT&T for 4G data will sell very well.