Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Visitor
Marissa1
My Device: Z10

Print To Go

Is there anyway I can associate two devices with Print To Go?

I already have it on the Playbook, and want to add it to the Z10 as well but cant see how to do it.

Any help appreciated. :-)

Please use plain text.
Retired
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Print To Go

Hey Marissa1,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

Print To Go will work with an additional smartphone or BlackBerry PlayBook.  Do you get any specific errors when trying to set it up?  Also are you using the same BlackBerry ID as you did with the BlackBerry PlayBook?

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
LEAJ

I have the same question. When I tried to use Print to Go today for my Playbook, it wasn't working (presumably because of the Z10?), so I downloaded the Print to Go software again and managed to pair the Z10 (although I thought I was pairing the Playbook) and use Print to Go (and checked the box to say I have 2 devices). 

Print to Go thinks my Z10 is a Playbook and is printing to my email address, and the document shows up on my Z10. But I don't see where to choose between devices or how to re-pair the real Playbook (except possibly by hitting Reset and doing it all again). It looks like there's an option to sign in with another BlackBerry ID, but I don't want to have two unless there's no other way.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Leslie
Please use plain text.
Retired
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Hey LEAJ,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

Multple devices should be working with Print To Go.  I would suggest following the steps in this KB article: www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB29668

If the issue still persists then I suggest contacting your network service provider and ask to be transferred to BlackBerry so we can gather some logs.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
oghizz

Hi there,

it's the first time i use the print to go and was very excited to do so.

however i've been trying all day today to get it to work but in vain.

I did all the required, and i'm receiving the same message everytime I click the print button:

"An error occured, Log in using your BBID, and restart you BB Playbook Tablet" and underneath written " Driver version 1.0.161.0 (Error code 407). and my only available option is to log in again.

Ofc i restarted my Z10, logged in successfully tens of times, only when i get to print it;s still giving me the above.

Please help

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
LEAJ

I tried following the instructions at the link you sent (they are not very clear), but Print to Go requires me to pair the device and put in the PIN each time--not efficient. Or, I can select the option to log in with another BB ID, use the same one (I only have one), and go through the options to print, which again require pairing and putting in the PIN.

But it's even more frustrating now, because when I click on Print to Go, I'm not sure which device the document will be printed to--it depends on which one was most recently paired, but nowhere is the device name in view.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the software, but no luck except the clunky way I've described. Thanks for trying to help, but I've spent enough time on this and will just use Dropbox instead. 

Leslie
Please use plain text.
ramdoob
My Device: Blackberry Z10 & Blackberry Playbook 16 GB

I have also not found any easy way for print to go to seamlessly work (as designed) with the Z10 and Playbook.  Entering the PIN and password each time is useless, if i had the device nearby i could just send the file over wifi or otherwise #fail

Please use plain text.
Developer
apman
My Device: Not Specified

Has anyone managed to get this to work?

When I enter the pairing password of my PlayBook and then the PIN of the Z10 (or the other way round), which I think is what the knowledge base article is saying, I always get "Sorry, wrong password". If I use the pairing password and PIN of the same device, it works fine, but obviously just with that one device.

So either the knowledge base article is really only applicable to using two PlayBooks (not Z10) or something else is wrong ...

ViciousFerret, could you perhaps investigate this? (I don't have a service provider, but would be happy to send logs if you can't reproduce this)

Anna

My app : Get set - Get up!   Get ready for the snooze revolution.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
fucifera
My Device: Z10 & playbook 64gb

[ Edited ]

I have been using print to go on the playbook for some while and have just put my z10 on as well - it asked me to register a new device, followed the steps then when i printed it offered be the two devices and i put a tick box in each and the document went to both.

Now what would be really wonderful was if the 2 apps synced with each other :-)

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
LEAJ

Re: Print To Go (Update to original post)

This morning I decided to give Print to Go another try. Uninstalled on my PC and reinstalled. The set-up allowed me to identify my two devices, put in the pairing and PINs, and when I went to print, could select the device to print to. Something has changed since my original post and I'm delighted (although have been using wi-fi transfer quite happily).

Leslie
Please use plain text.