Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

slim_ouest
My Device: z10
My Carrier: bell

Problem Rotating Photos In Facebook

Hi, although I got the rotation option unlocked in the home screen, I just can't get pictures to rotate into the landscape mode in Facebook only, not in youtube nor internet. Please help.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ceathan
My Carrier: vodafone

Re: Problem Rotating Photos In Facebook

+1 for rotation problems, in different apps sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt would be nice to know if its not meant to function everywhere?
Please use plain text.
Greatstar
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: O2

I have just bought a brand new Blackberry Z10. While I have only had it for 3 days I cannot get the ROTATION function to work. Sometimes it will work for a few moments and then it ceases for no apparent reason. Is there anyone out there who knows what to do to stop this malfunction?

Please use plain text.
Developer
cas118
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

Facebook only seems to work in portrait mode at the moment. This is annoying for the pics, but not the end of the world. I'm sure that there will be an update to address this.

A lot of the apps are immature on the Z10 simply because they are so new. It is not an excuse, just a fact.

I'm looking forward to seeing these apps updated and working better and better. I really want apps like Twitter and Facebook having the full functionality of the BlackBerry 7 versions.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
stephenjames19
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Can I confirm if screen rotation works on BBM? I can't seem to get it to work on BBM this seems strange as one of BB usps is BBM which is all about messaging, why would it work for SMS and emails but not BBM? Please tell me I am wrong??

Please use plain text.
Developer
cas118

BBM doesn't rotate, but if you open a BBM chat in the hub, you can rotate it there.

Also from other apps such as pictures if you are sharing a picture.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
stephenjames19
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Thanks for the tip :smileyhappy: 

I find that quite annoying where can we provide RIM with feedback?

Please use plain text.
Developer
cas118

Probably best to Tweet them as those accounts seem to be actively monitored.

I'm sure that BBM and Facebook not supporting rotation is a known issue though.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ceathan
My Carrier: vodafone

Rotation is becoming more of a problem in all day to day uses of the Z10, emailing, texting you name it the thing has a mind of its own, sometimes a screen tap whilst rotated fixes the problem, but it is FAR from perfect.

I am also hanging out for a major firmware update on the phone.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
michi30885
My Device: Blackberry Z10, PlayBook
My Carrier: 3

I can confirm that the issue with rotating photos on Facebook is not solely a Z10 problem, I had this issue on my Torch 9800 as well, so whether it's an issue that Blackberry or Facebook need to resolve, I don't know

Please use plain text.