Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

Problem activating Blackberry Protect on Z10

Hello,

I just bought a New BB Z10 Yesterday and i wen through the initial Setup but the only thng which isnt Working is the BB Protect. Dont know why but when i went to the BB protect website and loged in now device is showing up there.I have activated the Protect on my bb and typed my bb ID but cant seem to find my phone on the Protect website.Please help me !

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Problem activating Blackberry Protect on Z10

Hi and Welcome to the community!

I am a bit confused...first you said this:

dibranoice wrote:
Dont know why but when i went to the BB protect website and loged in now device is showing up there.

Then you said this:

dibranoice wrote:
but cant seem to find my phone on the Protect website.

From my reading of those statements, they are in direct conflict with each other. One says it's working fine, the other says it is not. Please clarify.

Thanks!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Im sorry i mean it Doesn't Show up There.i Kdont know why it isn't Working and don't know how to fix it ...

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Thank you for clarifying...that indeed is now much more understandable.

Firstly...please be 10000000% certain that you are using the exact same BBID credentials both on the device as well as when you log into Protect via your PC/browser. Please do not assume...please look at both interfaces to be certain.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry z10
My Carrier: UFONE

switch wifi on and then on the bb protect and let the wifi on for an hour or so as you are doing for the first time Smiley Happy it will solve your problem after an hour you will be able to see your device on web

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry z10
My Carrier: UFONE

you should switch wifi on and then on the bb protect and let the wifi on for an hour or so as you are doing for the first time Smiley Happy it will solve your problem after an hour you will be able to see your device on web

New Contributor

I've Followed your Steps and got Nothing :/ Still not Showing there ... I will atach 3 Photos that will Show that it isn't Showing me any Devices there ...

Blackberry Location ServicesBlackberry ProtectionComputer Hope

Forums Advisor II
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247
My Carrier: T-Mo USA

Actually, the first time I tried Protect, it could not be found on wifi. But it found it on regular data. After that, then wifi worked. If you ask Protect to find your phone, the GPS icon should appear on your phone as it's trying to find it.
New Contributor

It is stiill not showing any Devices on the Protection Webiste. I have activated 3G and then checked and nothing there.Dont know why is only for me not working :/

Highlighted
My Device: z10
My Carrier: personal

I am having exactly the same problem. Still didn´t hear about someone who could solve this issue.

With the curve 9300 everything worked fine. I deleted all of other phones I had associated to BB protect,

(including a previous Z10 that worked fine in BB protect) but can´t find my new z10 device on BB protect website.

I appreciate any help that does NOT include loosing my BBM contacts.