Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

Problem adding yahoo email to sync with BB

I am trying to add my yahoo email address to sync with my BB but I keep getting an error message:

rim.imap.mail.yahoo.com server is unavailable and your email account cannot be added. Please try again later.

It's been a couple of days - does anyone know what is going on?

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Problem adding yahoo email to sync with BB

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

That is a very interesting server address...did you enter that manually, or allow the on-device email setup wizard to do it's thing? I can tell you that, for me, the wizard correctly set everything up for Yahoo.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Carrier: Verizon

It must have been a yahoo error. I tried again and finally worked. Thanks!
Hall of Famer II

You are welcome...enjoy!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Q10, Z10, PlayBook 32

I'm getting the same rim.imap.mail.yahoo.com as well as caldav.calendar.yahoo.com servers unavailable.. and accounts can't be added. Please try again later. 

However, this is for Rogers email accounts. Rogers has some kind of affiliation with Yahoo. I tried changing the servers and port numbers to be consistent with the setup of Rogers accounts on Outlook. However, I wasn't successful.   

I used to have my Rogers account setup, as well as several others. However, yesterday I wiped and reinstalled the OS and have been getting this error since. I'm wondering if the Rogers accounts are being setup on the right servers. 

Twitter: @sheldonbk
Hall of Famer II

sheldonbk wrote:

I'm getting the same rim.imap.mail.yahoo.com as well as caldav.calendar.yahoo.com servers unavailable.. and accounts can't be added. Please try again later. 

However, this is for Rogers email accounts. Rogers has some kind of affiliation with Yahoo. I tried changing the servers and port numbers to be consistent with the setup of Rogers accounts on Outlook. However, I wasn't successful.   

I used to have my Rogers account setup, as well as several others. However, yesterday I wiped and reinstalled the OS and have been getting this error since. I'm wondering if the Rogers accounts are being setup on the right servers. 

Hello,

You should probably ring up Rogers to find out.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Trusted Contributor

That's what I was thinking as well. I didn't really feel like a one hour call to people who didn't know anything. LOL 

My Carrier: Bell

I had the same problem and removed my battery and SIM card and then deleted my rogers.yahoo email account and then set it up again and the problem (for whatever reason) was resolved.
Trusted Contributor

I found the solution to the issue in a BlackBerry KB article

http://blackberry.com/btsc/kb13799

All I had to do was to login to my Rogers account online. Rogers uses Yahoo for web email. There was a captcha there which I had to enter. While I was logged in online, I was able to setup my Rogers email on my Z10. 

Other possible solutions are also in the above noted KB article 

Highlighted
Hall of Famer II

An excellent find...I hadn't recalled that one...than you for sharing it with everyone!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates