Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Problem sending emails on SMTP Port 25 with Z10

[ Edited ]

@tickerguy and others.

The SMTP cr/lr bug was introduced in the last generally available round of updates (10.0.10.85, 10.0.10.90, etc.) it did not exist in previous versions hence not finding it before then (it didn't exist!) :smileywink:

That said, it seems to have been rectified in a newer round of updates of which only AT&T has released this update (10.0.10.116.) Hopefully other carriers will follow suit and update this to fix this rather awful problem for those that are having it (fortunately I am not one of those unfortunates!)

That said, we are again at the mercy of our carriers.. unless you head over to CrackBerry at your own risk and try the update that somebody has packaged up for some versions of the Z10. Sounds like many are having great success with the updates. There is lots to read there in their forums on this update.

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
tickerguy
My Device: Z-10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Yeah, my caution with loading that is that it MAY disable my ability to get further carrier updates.  I'm very comfortable with doing this sort of thing with Android handsets as I have always been able to "unbrick" and/or go back to the "official" firmware if I want to.

These are new to me :-)

Market Information? Come read The Market Ticker!
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

Have a read through the thread that is linked through their article, they discuss that very issue and confirm that you can go back to your carrier version and then do the carrier update afterwards. :smileywink:

Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
tickerguy
My Device: Z-10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

The other inhibiting factor for me is that my email server doesn't have a problem with the missing CRs, so unless there are material improvements elsewhere (which look marginal at best) I don't have a good reason to do a reload that wipes the phone and forces me to reinstall everything....

Market Information? Come read The Market Ticker!
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

That's the same reason that I haven't done the update yet either. :smileywink: For that those that have the issue, the option is there.

Frankly, I am just happy to see that somebody has figured out a way around the annoying carrier delays for the updates. :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mlestergssef
My Carrier: Verizon

Same problem here.  Went to store in Jupiter, I walked out because they said they didn't know anything about Z10.  Been on phone all day trying to get the 10.0.10.90 software upgrade!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mlestergssef
My Carrier: Verizon

how did you get this!  I need this download and no one knows where to get it!

Please use plain text.
marbury713
My Device: z10
My Carrier: tmobile

any clarification on this yet?  Still not working

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
donb
My Carrier: AT&T

rumor has it its going to be fixed in the next sofware release.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
luismanuel26
My Carrier: ORANGE DOMINICANA

Hello people...im at web.com, and the problem is fixed with the "leaked" 10.1.0.1609 for the BB Z10 STL100-1.....i have downloaded yesterday and being testing, everthing is working great so far...

Please use plain text.