Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Airtel

Problem sending emails on SMTP Port 25 with Z10

Hi Blackberry,

Its very disappointing that new Z10 cannot configure my business email. I can receive the email but cannot reply or send emails. There is a serious issues with the SMTP Ports with this device. Blackberry should resolve this issue earliest or die hard fans of blackberry like me shall be done with it. Z10 does not configure on SMTP Port 25. Please resolve this issue asap.

New Contributor
My Carrier: Telefonica o2 Germany

Re: Problem sending emails on SMTP Port 25 with Z10

Unfortunately I have the same problem:

BB Z10, 1und1, IMAP, no outgoing email.

I am syncing two emailaccounts with my phone. 1und1 and strato. With the strato account everything is fine, but the 1und1 account does not work properly. when I want to answer or forward an email via the 1und1 account there appears a red sign with the message "protokollebene konnte nachricht nicht senden" (protocol layer can not send message).

I had several phone calls with the o2-support but they cannot help me.

When I choose a email contact out of the adress book I can send emails via the 1und1 account. But when I want do send an attachment with the email it does not work.

It seems that the remote machine and die Z10 do not communicate in the same language 

I tried to delete and re-install the IMAP account several times but it does not work.

Please, Blackberry: fix that bug!

New Contributor

Yup, thats exactly the problem I am facing buddy. I have a POP account and I am able to receive the email but can't reply or send emails. My yahoo and gmails are working find but with my business id, Z10 does not work. There is a problem with Z10 responding to SMTP ports.

Blackberry please get this sorted soon!!!

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Port 25 is blocked on most ISPs now. you need a SSL type of connection to make it work everywhere.

this is not a BlackBerry problem really, the world of email has changed and port 25 should never be used by any mobile client

what mail server is this using? maybe you can configure a new port or even use IMAP or EAS which is much better for mobile use

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z-10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

SMTP to port 25 works fine.  I am using it right now.

Try port 587; most SMTP Servers listen on that as well nowdays as the "submission" port.  Many ISPs block 25, especially on consumer connections (e.g. cable modems) as it is a favorite injection means for spammers.

Market Information? Come read The Market Ticker!
New Contributor
My Carrier: Telefonica o2 Germany

I tried SMTP port 587, but it does not work with 1und1 Provider. Problem not solved.
New Contributor

I tried SMTP Port 587 but cant get this sorted. Its not working either.

Regular Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

I am using port 443! It is worth a try hope that helps. Smiley Happy
New Contributor
My Carrier: ATT

I have a similar problem.  I have three email accounts and two work perfectly (a hosted server and a comcast).  However, my Optonline email will not send out attachments or HTML when hitting Reply or Forward.  The receiver sees the basic text response and the following (below).  Optonline uses port 587 and i think POP, no SSL  Optonline, BB and ATT are all looking at it, but no solution yet.  Any thoughts?

=p style="font-size: =itial; font-family: Calibri, 'Slate Pro', sans-serif; color: rgb(31, 73, 5); text-align: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Sent from= BlackBerry Z10

=table width="100%" style="b�kground-color:white;border-spacing:0px;"> <td colspan="2" st= e="fon

New Contributor
My Carrier: ORANGE DOMINICANA

HELLO IM ALSO IN PORT 587 AND NOTHING, WE ARE IN ORANGE DOMINCAN REPUBLIC AND CANT SEND EMAILS.....IT SAYS CAN NOT CONTACT THE SMTP SERVER NO MATTER WICH CONFIGURATION WE TRY NOT EVEN ON WIFI.

WE ARE WAITNG FOR AN UPDATE ASAP OR RETURNING THE CEL.

THANKS