Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido
Accepted Solution

Problem with POP3/IMAP email

Hi all, i have 3 emails account on my device, one if for our exchange at work, one is for my hotmail and the last is for a POP3 account. I switch from my BB Bold to the Z10 4-5 months ago, and everything was working fine with my 3 emails accounts. suddenly i got a mesage a week ago that my settings for my POP3 account were not correct.... But nothing change!!!! there still the same. So since them i try things but never got it top work again. Flush the account and now i cant reinstall it, always giove me the same mesage Something like "the information for the POP acocunt are incorrect or change...."

Si i check with my ISP and my Cell carrier and nothing on there side. My ISP gave me an IMAP suggestion and its still wont work.

tha phone is working fine for the rest, others mail are getting in like usual.

I think my problem started after the last update, but im not sur.

Anyone has an idea?

Thanks

Mike

Super Contributor
My Device: Passport | Z30 | Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Problem with POP3/IMAP email

[ Edited ]

I would suggest using BlackBerry's "Email ccount Validation Tool" to check what settings should work with your device.  I've found that the recommended settings from some email providers have to be tweaked for use with the BB 10 devices.  BB's tool works a treat.

http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2013/03/email-account-validation-tool/

Give it a try and see what it gives you.  Please try and report back.  Good luck.

(And if it doesn't work, give us a few more details -- the email service, your software version will help troubleshoot your problem.)

New Contributor

Thanks for the info, iv tried the EAVT but i got a problem.. my email adresse is not my username for this ISP..... so i cant get them to connect to EAVT because if i enter my email the server wont know who i am, anf if i tried the username, the EAVT tool  wont know where to look....

Heres the message i get when tryinbg to add a new POP account (iv translated it since the phone is in french) "your connection information for the[pop.videotron.ca] POP server have changed or there not right. verify your parameters"

Iv tried it too with IMAP and same thing

POP server: pop.videotron.ca

SMTP server: relais.videotron.ca

Iv tried all combo with SSl on or off, different port number that were given by my ISP.... cant get it to work. the thing is 2 weeks ago everything was working fine....

Thanks for your help

Mike

Super Contributor

I've just taken a look at the Videotron email support page at http://support.videotron.com/residential/internet/email

I've looked at a couple of variations, and all of them show the user name as the email address.  Have you tried using your email address as the user name?

New Contributor

Thats what i did on the EAVT(from my Z10) and got FAILED everywhere. I see that there using email adresse as user name but in my case, im an old member and its a series of letters for the username. I just tried it and it wont connect with my email adresse as the username...

Mike

Super Contributor

Are you using that email account via Outlook or any other desktop client?  If so, you could check the settings there.

Also, I wonder is videotron could migrate your account to the current version, where your email address becomes the user name.

New Contributor

Yes i am using it from others software(outlook 2007) and the settings are the same im trying to input into the Z10. Iv ask for an IMAP Setting which they gave me but the SMTP is the same... i wonder if its there the problem?!

The Z10 in an IMAP mode ask for a prefix if i remember correctly?! And i dont have this for the settings. Can this be a problem?

Thanks for your time

Mike

New Contributor

Ok iv found it..... and for your statement has for me to use my email adresse as my username.. its working now. dont have to push my 8 letters username.

The thing is "something" happen on there network... and my password got change! iv never touched it for years and suddenly it changed.... beats me how, but i finaly got it to work again,...

Thanks for your time, i was looking the wrong way.

Mike

Super Contributor

You're welcome.  Glad to see you're working again.

As for your password getting changed, I'd blame the gremlins and move on.

Cheers.