Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: O2

Problem with facebook contact on Z10

It seems that in the contacts on the Z10 the facebook, BBM and local contacts are all listed separately.  This is fine as it is possible to link them so that they only show once.  However, I have a friend on facebook who is not showing on my list of facebook contacts and no matter what I try I can't seem to get him to show even though if I go into my friends list on facebook he is there. 

Any help?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Problem with facebook contact on Z10

Hey Ds73,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

I would suggest to try changing the sort view option to see if you can locate the contact:

1. Open Contacts
2. Swipe down from the top of the screen to display Settings
3. Clicking on Settings
4. Use Sort Contacts by to sort by First Name, Last Name or Company Name.

Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: O2

Sorry no, your reply didn't help, do you have any other suggestions?

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10, PlayBook 64 OS2.1
My Carrier: O2 UK

Did you sort out linking all the contacts?

I think what you meant is that You have say 3 contacts that should be connected as they are the same person but are not probably because they don't have a common email.

ie johny411, google account  = john boy, facebook account (maybe registered with hotmail account) = John Smith, linkedin (maybe using business email). so you see 3 people.

johny411

john boy

John Smith

?

GOTO All contacts > John smith > at bottom you'll see 'LINKS' : brings up linked profiles screen > at bottom you'll see 'ADD LINK' > brings up all your contacts select contact > takes you back to linked profiles where you can SAVE or 'add link' again. 

Next time you goto ALL contacts you should only see less contacts! If you just look at your google contacts, facebook or linked in contacts you should still see the person in each of those folders - but the 3 will be combined to 1 when viewing in all contacts folder.

Hope that helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'LIKE' me if it makes sense...

PS. The BlackBerry Z10 & PlayBook rock with the QED uPlay!