Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
cyuen944
My Device: Z10
Accepted Solution

Problem with new BB10 Update | wifi connection

Just recently downloaded the new update for BB10 and now my wifi connection randomly breaks - my frustration is because the wifi signal shows strong and connected and this never happened before the update. Does anyone have any input? Any help would be great!
Retired
FozzieBear
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Problem with new BB10 Update | wifi connection

Hello cyuen944,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

Do you mean that your Wi-Fi connection is randomly dropping since the update. Have you tested on another Wi-Fi network to see if you experience the same issue?

Thank you.

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
cyuen944

Wifi signal remains constant, however Internet and email just randomly drops off...but the signal shows strong
Retired
FozzieBear
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Thanks for the update.

What happens to indicate this? Do you receive errors or failures when attempting to browse or send email? 

Do you have a data plan with your mobile service provider and if so, are you able to use browsing and email services over the mobile network?

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
cyuen944

My browser stalls and than after some time it says there is no Internet connection, "Try Again." I do have a data plan but turn I turn it off when at home. This is something I've always Done with the current z10 and previous BlackBerry and iPhone. Everything has worked fine, until the update. I usually have to disconnect the wifi, and than reconnect wifi which is frustrating. Thanks again for hearing me out with this.
New Contributor
aseem_asrani

I just bought a new BB Z10 last week with Software release 10.0.10.58. My phone works great on 3G but it keeps breaking on wifi (seems connected for less than a minute and then it goes off). It shows well connected, but hardly opens any website or even app world. I'm using the same wifi on my computer and it works great, so I'm sure wifi is not a problem. I deleted the saved connection and made the connection again, even tried setting it up with manual IP settings but still no help, it's still breaking.

* the update page shows this is the latest software release and no more updates available.

Gizmou
My Device: Blackberry z10

I have the exact same problem. Can someone of Blackberry please help? I need wifi on my phone.
msnidy
My Device: Torch 9800

Me too!

New Contributor
micheliod16
My Device: z10

I have the same problem after the update. It works for a bit then it no action on BBM. My messages just sit there indicating being sent. Downloading apps on wifi will allow 20mb to download and lock up and sometimes it eventually gets going again. It seems to help if I surf the net on the browser for some weird reason. All the while my signal strength on my wifi is strong and have no problems with any other devices on my wifi including my wife's I phone.
Contributor
chris_swiss
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Hi, Same problem here. It connects but browsing is extremely slooooow, or the browser says 'try again '
Other devices are running fine on the netgear Accesspoint. My guests can use wifi without any problems.