Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
Ride_The_Sky
My Device: 9900

Re: Problem with new BB10 Update | wifi connection

koolrosh wrote:
It would help if you let us know which Router you are using. I am having similar issues and I am using a Linksys EA3500. I have read other posts around the Web about problems with the same router. It seems like EA3500 and BB10 don't work well together. I don't know if it's something on their end or Blackberry's, but this needs to be fixed!

Thanks.

I am using TP-LINK N600 Router, Model TL-WDR3600.

At the office I have one of the newer Linksys model routers (black glossy, no antenna) and whole day I kept runing tests, not a single drop (I think that's not a dual band router). But when I got home I started having problems again.

I disabled dual band (now it is single band) it seems to work, but then again I did not keep checking them for connection, however I still get slower speeds compared to android devices, about half the bandwidth. I really don't want to get stuck with 2.4Ghz just to make BB work with my home wifi..

New Developer
koolrosh
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook

My router is dual band and it seems to have problems even if I change it to single band. The only time it works is if I turn Wireless N' off and only use Wireless-B. It works but it's not the fastest connection.
Regular Contributor
Ride_The_Sky

I think it's the same thing I did, just turn it off or select the option to make the router "single band"

This is not acceptable. I cannot ask people to turn off the 5g everywhere I go just so my Blackberry wifi works.

If I upgrade the "Radio" file, I wonder if that would help? It is very surprising that this is not a common issue and that it has been lurking around such a long time.

Forums Advisor I
arthur72
My Device: Z30, Z10 (10.2.1.3442), 9860 (7.1), Samsung S4
My Carrier: Indosat

Ride_The_Sky, you can call your ISP to investigate your router setting. At this such long distance, it's difficult to diagnose the router and the setting itself. The solution may vary with others. For some people works, but not for the others.
Ride_The_Sky

[ Edited ]

Thanks, but this is my home router, not ISP provided router, additionally there is an obvious issue with certain BB models or OS's that cause conflict when connected to wifi. The behavior is inconsistent, while everything else works, only BB10 devices are having trouble.

Additionally, like I said there is no problem with connection at work using either Buffalo or Linksys routers.

New Contributor
benslee
My Device: Q10

My BB Q10 has stopped conectong to the wifi network "due to network problems". There are no network problems becasue every other wifi device in the house is connecting to the network. The same problem occurs if I try and hotspot off my wifes I-phone.

Current BB OS: 10.2.1.537

finkle56
My Device: z10

I have the issue where I have to turn my carrier data off to get my wifi to connect and when I turn the carrier data on, it disconnects. All other device work on my network except for my z10's. Now if another person blames it on router settings or some mythical beast I think I will scream and just move on. This needs to be fixed period.

Another Crackberry thread with the same issue

Crackberry thread with this issues

Please fix this blackberry

josefo13
My Device: Z10

I Have the same problem, I was using the wifi at work and my home, wifi connects but with the limited access, 

if I disconnect the mobile network, wifi works fine, i just cant make them work at the sme time and use data over the wifi, it either mobile network or WIFI , ,  and now I go over my data plan, 

It was working fine!!!!!! whats going on!!!!

i did the 2.4Ghz etc etc etc, i dont think thats the issue 

Please fix it