Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Bold @ Q10
My Carrier: STC

Re: Push Email on BB10 / Z10

The only reason let me stick with Blackberry is the BIS emails, now what is the benefit? i can move to android or apple.

sagar_doddamani wrote:

I was very excited about launch of BB10 and Z10 device and was looking forward buying it whenever it is available in India. But just got some news on internet stating that BB10 will not need BIS hence no push emails. I am not worried about specifically GMAIL or Yahoo or Outlook/Hotmail but in general all type of email services and push notifications. Upto OS 7 I never had to worry about Push Email. I never bothered to check if my company email service provider has push facility, BIS managed that all for me.

If BB10 is not offering this service anymore then there is no point in buying Z10 or any other OS10 product, in fact I am thinking leaving BB forever. I really hate that auto retrival in 15 minutes or refresh. I would prefer to go to iPhone or Android if this feature is not there.

Can anyone confirm if this is true? I am really upset since I read about it.

Thanks in advance....

New Contributor

The only reason let me stick with blackberry is BIS emails, now what is the benefit?
Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

For you, obviously none.

If you had taken a few seconds to research a little you would have found out that BB10 no longer uses that outdated BIS.

Fred

Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

BB10 does NOT use the BIS.

Fred

New Contributor

Does the enterprise service Still support push emails or wireless concting (getting emails thru network, not thru Internet or wifi.?
Contributor
My Device: BB 10 Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Yes it does have a setting "PUSH". What it does is check your email accounts several times a second, in effect pretending to be push and wasting a lot of data and battery. I, too was very disappointed to lose the BIS.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

husam-k wrote:
Does the enterprise service Still support push emails or wireless concting (getting emails thru network, not thru Internet or wifi.?

BES 10 is an active sync proxy and it can either be through normal routes or by a more secure route with EMM regulated datapalns

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

My Device: Bold
My Carrier: 949-722-2555

So I have the Blackberry Bold. The only reason why I still use this phone is becasue my emails get pushed to me instantly. With the new Q10 I got they dont happen instantly. That is the reason I stuck with the Bold.

Is this the same reason you liked Blackberry as well?

To you know if the new Classic will have the "push" feature?

Do you know if they will revert back to the Push Emails for the new Classic and Passport?