Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: o2

Putting pressure on BB/Rim to reintroduce USB syncing with Microsoft Outlook

Is there some way that we can put pressure on BB/Rim to reintroduce USB syncing with Microsoft Outlook? I work in a world where over-the-air or cloud services are unacceptable because of the security risks, either real or perceived. I know there are many other people like me. I can't believe that, after having made such monumentally stupid and high-profile mistakes in the past, BB/Rim has now decided to alienate so many loyal BB customers by dispensing with such a simple transfer mechanism. The Z10 is a beautiful machine but the lack of synchronicity is getting in the way of my doing business. Judging by some of the posts I've seen, there are quite a lot of others who feel the same way. Assuming that BB/Rim executives were not  drunk, stoned or brainstem dead when they came up with this stupid plan to do away with USB syncing, is there any action we can take to make BB/Rim aware of the rapidly escalating damage they are doing to their own brand? After all, if the Z10 fails, it's difficult to see what long-term future there will be for the company anyway, so you would think that BB/Rim wouldn't want to chuck their future away, would you?

Solutions: 6,134
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Putting pressure on BB/Rim to reintroduce USB syncing with Microsoft Outlook

The best way is to call O2 and ask for this issue to be escalated to BlackBerry Tech Support, they need to hear from the carriers as well.

I'd also drop a line to BlackBerry at www.blackberry.com/contact

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor

Re: Putting pressure on BB/Rim to reintroduce USB syncing with Microsoft Outlook

Thank you: I'll start there.

Regular Contributor

I should also have asked this. Am I able to use the Outlook.com workaround mentioned in one of the posts in this forum (which from memory I think suggested you'd tried this route) to sync selected (non-confidential) names with my Z10 or is it all Outlook contacts or nothing, do you know?

Solutions: 6,134
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

maxfindlay wrote:

I should also have asked this. Am I able to use the Outlook.com workaround mentioned in one of the posts in this forum (which from memory I think suggested you'd tried this route) to sync selected (non-confidential) names with my Z10 or is it all Outlook contacts or nothing, do you know?

I am using the Outlook.com workaround (not a solution!) for now. I don't know about selected names only syncing. There could be some what to mark a contact "private", but I have honestly not looked into that.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor

Ok, thanks for letting me know.

Regards -- Max

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

JSanders wrote:

maxfindlay wrote:

I am using the Outlook.com workaround (not a solution!) for now. I don't know about selected names only syncing. There could be some what to mark a contact "private", but I have honestly not looked into that.

And if you have more thna 1 e-mail account in either the phone or the Playbook (they both use the same stupid system now) how do you tell the contact program which one to you want to set the new/edit contact, I have 3 on the phone and 5 on the Playbook and every time that I make a change to one contact, then the program feels obligated to send the update to all of the accounts and not just the account that this contact is suppose to belong to, so I end up having to spent any where between 1 to a few hours to relink all the "NEW" contact that were just created.

There is 2 accounts that I do not have access at all to any of the contact as they are POP account but somehow the phone and Playbook have created some kind of caldav for them

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10 (returned) ** Torch and now my first non BB product a Samsung Note II so I can sync my Outlook,Notes,ToDo list,Categories,I am loving it !! I never knew a phone could do so much !!! hurry up RIM

On Hold as we speak

BlackBerry
295 Phillip Street
Waterloo, Ontario
Canada N2L 3W8

tel:  (519) 888-7465 

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas Edison.
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10 (returned) ** Torch and now my first non BB product a Samsung Note II so I can sync my Outlook,Notes,ToDo list,Categories,I am loving it !! I never knew a phone could do so much !!! hurry up RIM

I have talked to a Support person ( the first line of defense ,lol)  and She said they intend on making Outlook avaialbe but she cannot say when.  I also asked if she meant a 3rd party app or something from B. She said BB.

That being said, I am still on hold as I have asked to talk to someone that might know more to be sure due t the importanc of this to myslef and so many others..   

I will post once I am done.  There is hope ! 

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas Edison.
Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Telus

anymore news