Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

JSanders
Solutions: 5,925
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Putting pressure on BB/Rim to reintroduce USB syncing with Microsoft Outlook

Andrew, good going, but that is the exact opposite of what I have been told.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
XBetadogX
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Putting pressure on BB/Rim to reintroduce USB syncing with Microsoft Outlook

but you checked couple days ago ? im thinking they are scrambling now. BB despite sales so far if there being returned over something as small as this they will want to fix, they cant afford to loose any current blackberry customers never mind lots. I using outlook on your advise but its not ideal and i will not keep doing it if a fix does not come soon.Or at least some acknowledgement and a pledge to fix. hell make it a paid addon im ok with that. If syncing with outlook cost them fee's with MS then pass that fee onto me that is acceptable in my opinion. not ideal but acceptable.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
andrew21212
My Device: Z10 (returned) ** Torch and now my first non BB product a Samsung Note II so I can sync my Outlook,Notes,ToDo list,Categories,I am loving it !! I never knew a phone could do so much !!! hurry up RIM

JSanders wrote:

Andrew, good going, but that is the exact opposite of what I have been told.

Sorry it took so long, after waiting for about 20 mins the Support lady offered to have the Tech call me back.  I am sure they are getting a lot of calls.

JSanders,I think it was your post earlier in the week that made me get a second opinion.  I wish I had it in writing.  Anyway I have nothing new to offer other than the Actual Tech has confirmed that they do Intend on having an inhouse Sync ability for the Z10. That being said there is not date fpr the project.  He went on to say there is other updates ( to be expected)  that are on the books and coming very soon.

This is of little comfort to me as they could change thier mind.  I may have been told this contrary information from JS as they may just be realizing how many people need this Outlook Sync.

JSanders,  If you need my ticket number , contact me and I will give it to you if you have the ability to verify what I have been told.

I am assuming you have moderator abilities ?   I rather not post it here

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas Edison.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
andrew21212
My Device: Z10 (returned) ** Torch and now my first non BB product a Samsung Note II so I can sync my Outlook,Notes,ToDo list,Categories,I am loving it !! I never knew a phone could do so much !!! hurry up RIM

andrew21212 wrote:

On Hold as we speak

BlackBerry
295 Phillip Street
Waterloo, Ontario
Canada N2L 3W8

tel:  (519) 888-7465 

BTW,  It would hurt if any one of you called the same number above and found out for your self. 

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas Edison.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
CarlaL
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Sasktel

what # did you call?

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,925
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Andrew, thanks for the updates.

I think you're doing the right thing, calling and getting issue recognized as a critical issue.

It may be no fun to stay on hold with Telus or BlackBerry, but your time is well spent on the issue. :smileywink:

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
andrew21212

CarlaL wrote:

what # did you call?

BlackBerry
295 Phillip Street
Waterloo, Ontario
Canada N2L 3W8

tel:   (519) 888-7465

Thanks JS.     I have decided to stay with my Z10.    I like a challenge apparently , lol .     I have spent a lot of time on this and now I am trying to focus on the Good things and I look forward to the many upgrades that I am sure will follow. 

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

This is a serious issue, I will contact the Waterloo office and also open a ticket.. Love BB but this is a major issue. They should fire the **bleep** decided that it is not needed and cloud is the future.  I will use cloud when I die and go to heaven..  USB sync to outlook is a must for all of us, especially self employed people like myself who use this daily and I sync with outlook daily before I leave the office.. I can't update 1200 plus contacts on any phone. 

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

This is a serious issue, I will contact the Waterloo office and also open a ticket.. Love BB but this is a major issue. They should fire the **bleep** decided that it is not needed and cloud is the future.  I will use cloud when I die and go to heaven..  USB sync to outlook is a must for all of us, especially self employed people like myself who use this daily and I sync with outlook daily before I leave the office.. I can't update 1200 plus contacts on any phone. 

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
CarlaL
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Sasktel

I am trying to call.

Corporate office is closed.

When I click "9" it takes me to a never ending menu of options -- but none to start a ticket.

I want to complain too.

I will try tomorrow.

Please use plain text.