Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Solutions: 6,170
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Putting pressure on BB/Rim to reintroduce USB syncing with Microsoft Outlook

[ Edited ]

andrew21212 wrote:

It is so great to see how this is evelving.  When i came here JSanders ( correct me if I'm wrong)  heard that there was no plans for The Desktop Outlook Sync ( cable or wireless). 

Yes, that's exactly what I was told and in writing. I don't think I ever mentioned wireless syncing, as I knew there were workarounds that would potentially work.

Let's hope March is true. The rep mentioned above seems vague enough and sadly doesn't even believe the information his managers were passing along (early March vs. late March).

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: E-817
My Carrier: rogers

Re: Putting pressure on BB/Rim to reintroduce USB syncing with Microsoft Outlook

Great comments from everyone.

Looks like BB may be listening.

Unfortunately I do not have comfort on the timing. BB was so late on the launch of the B10 operating system I cannot believe they will have the sync function operational anytime soon.

I have returned my Z10 and will wait until the sync functionality is in place. Also will wait until the Q10 comes out. The touch screen just does not work as well as the keypad. If they have the sync function in place and the keyboard then I think the ultimate smart phone.  Hopefully the Q10 will be that phone.

What a shame that BB screwed this up. It had to be a corporate decision to remove the sync feature as it has been there forever and could not just have been overlooked. This takes away some of my confidence in new managerment.

The early adopters that pay full price for phones and the bugs are the best salespeople to promote the product. Unfortunately I have to advise my contacts to stay away from the 10 series for now if they need the sync facility,

Regular Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: o2

I quite agree about not putting on the party hat just yet. And yes I'd love to bill BB/Rim for all the wasted hours spent on this issue / finding a temporary workaround (I've dug out an ancient Handspring Visor and stuck all my Outlook contacts on that via an XP machine I still have) when they could easily have got it right first time around. Do you think they have a clue who their customers actually are? Like you, am just hoping that when they say March, they really do mean March.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold9900, Z10
My Carrier: Virgin

its no use andrew.

we are trying win phone 8.  

the z10s are going back tomorrow.

Regular Contributor

I have said it elsewhere.  android rips it.  USB 3.0 fast as can be...

Ive nbeen doing it on a an xPERIA, a NOTE, a NOTE II etc for some 

Regular Contributor

did I ask,

why have you not moved to a hosted exchnge platform?  

Regular Contributor

smedley,

nice to hear from a kindred spirit.  But Ive lost may patience.  They missed the target entirely.  Im not coming back unitl MSFT or lenovo has bought them at $8/sh. 

So im off to  Lumia 920 win phone 8 and MSFT tells me it loves exchange... what a surprise.   

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10 (returned) ** Torch and now my first non BB product a Samsung Note II so I can sync my Outlook,Notes,ToDo list,Categories,I am loving it !! I never knew a phone could do so much !!! hurry up RIM

[ Edited ]

ExchangeVeteran wrote:

did I ask,

why have you not moved to a hosted exchnge platform?  

I signed up with rackspace this afternoon  to do what my new android does for a one time payment $50 app. and my Torch did for free.

I have just wasted 8 days messing with this.  Time to get back to work.   I figure the z10 will be at least a year away from being a rock'n phone with all the basic custom features  my Storm & Torch had  and can compete over all with the other 2 big companies.

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas Edison.
Solutions: 6,170
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

ExchangeVeteran wrote:

smedley,

nice to hear from a kindred spirit.  But Ive lost may patience.  They missed the target entirely.  Im not coming back unitl MSFT or lenovo has bought them at $8/sh. 

So im off to  Lumia 920 win phone 8 and MSFT tells me it loves exchange... what a surprise.   

You're still here? Hours ago you said you were out of here.

Now, you're just being a troll, posting comments just to antagonize and complain.

Of course you're welcome to stick and actually contribute to the community, but it seems you're so unhappy here as it is.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: .
My Carrier: .

Everyone please keep it on topic and avoid public confrontations on the forum.

Thank you

Jakoby4204                                                                                                 New to the Community click here  
Community Moderator
Likes2.png    AS3.png    CG2.png