If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Super Contributor
towngirl_04
My Device: Playbook; z10 & Love it!
My Carrier: Bell

Q deleting msgs

On my Bold 9900 I could highlight a date & select Delete Previous.  Don't see that on the z10.  Is there no way to quickly delete multiple messages?  (w/o having to Select More & select them all individually, as that is anything but quick!)

I mean, the notifications from FB are insane!  I turned if off but then the hub is blank...  so it's a double edge sword.  Turn on & there's too many notifications to be deleted.  Turn off & hub is blank.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor
-BD-
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Q deleting msgs

long press on the date header in the hub and you can mark prior read and delete prior. 

Regarding Facebook notifications, you can go into your hub and then click the 3dots and choose settings and then hub management.  Turn off Facebook here and you won't get your Facebook notifications in the main hub view.  You can still view them by selecting that account in the hub.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
towngirl_04

Where on the Hub is Mark Prior Read for FB? Or mail? As I don't see that anywhere.

I know you can turn off the notifications but I didn't want to do that.. would just like to select a date & delete prior as it's much faster than individually selecting all.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Carrier: Rogers

Post was correct. Go to the date line in the hub view (it splits your messages by day...) and touch and hold to bring up the side menu. 2nd last item is "Mark Prior Read"

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
CarlaL
My Carrier: Sasktel

Delete Multiple messages

Just a note about this .. .as I was doing some testing.

This does work: to delete multiple messages, long press on the date header in the hub/messages/texts/ etc and you can mark prior read and/or delete prior.  You will get a warning "You will not be able to undo this action."

When you delete multiple messages this way -- (at least for POP email NOT on an exchange server)  -- they will NOT come to your email program.

However, if you do an individual delete of each message, they will STILL appear in your email program.

At least this is what I have found so far.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
CarlaL

Re: Delete Multiple messages

hmmmm. i might be wrong on this comment. this seems to be the case for one of my emails on BB and not the other. I have 2 set up on the phone.  I have to figrue out what is going on ... Things that make you go hmmmm

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
towngirl_04

Yup, if you hold the date & delete, you lose the email.  I didn't ancitipate that as the 9900 allowed you to delete on handheld and/or email & so I lost a couple of e-mails I wanted to retain. Oh well... too late now.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
CarlaL

yes. I asked @blackberyhelp on twitter about the loss of this feature. they basically said the BB10 no longer allows for "delete from handheld or delete from handheld and mailbox". pitty really.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
CarlaL

FYI. It seems, if you delete email from your BlackBerry. It's gone. Poof. It will not come to your computer. Highly annoying.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
towngirl_04

Very annoying. I prefer my Bold 9900 for that. The option to Delete on handheld only. So.. if you have to hold onto any e-mails you can't Delete All because you totally lose the email. Going to build up a lot of **bleep** on my device, for sure
Please use plain text.